Kotare teaser - it's a Bf 109K!

mozart

5 minutes ago, Mark_C said:

You'd need really good camo, too, if you were as ugly as that thing.  Big dumb spindly legs, looks like a spavined duck.  Ugh!

I think it was up against one of the most aesthetically pleasing warplanes of WWII in the Spitfire, which was all curves & elegance. 

In comparison, the 109 looks like it was designed with a ruler, but to be a truly ugly aeroplane, it needs to be British.

21 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

I think the 109 is unrivalled for its choice of camo finishes, whereas Spitfires tend to be green & brown, which isn't the most striking of paint schemes. I love the famous 109 in North African camo

ry0QxG.jpg

Speaking of all things Nth African and showing my ignorance of F-Ks. Can a K be retrofitted with filter sprayed Desert yellow and be called an F? 

Edited by Pup7309

1 hour ago, Mark_C said:

You'd need really good camo, too, if you were as ugly as that thing.  Big dumb spindly legs, looks like a spavined duck.  Ugh!

Soooo, you know my ex wife do ya? Bf-109s have an aggressive shark like look to them, I've always been attracted to them for that reason, have certain Teutonic look. Spitfires are just elegant, wing tip to wing tip spinner to rudder. 

I still find myself surprised that the 109 is THE most produced fighter aircraft in all of history. Producing 35k of them suggests the Luftwaffe was building them because they could, when production should have been centered around the Fw 190, Me 262, Ar 234, Ta 152, etc?

2 hours ago, Hardcore said:

Kotare is new to me. What can i expect? Will it pass the Kiss test? How much wilm it cost.? 

Dude not only do they pass the kiss test you won’t need any stimulants other than modelling glue and paint. 
It’s the best time you can have for $109USD

Edited by Pup7309

22 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Personally I think we need first a correct Hellcat! The Trumpeter P-47s could be simpler but they are generally OK. On another hand their Hellcat has major shape issues ...

A Hellcat would be great.  But…  right after a P-51B/C.