Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Hardcore

  • Rank
    Senior Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    The Swedish Paradise

Recent Profile Visitors

430 profile views
  1. Everything going up must eventually come down. Should have stuck to something in 2d, like snow mobiles.
  2. Bf109 E this time. http://theprofilepaintshop.blogspot.com/2019/05/bf109e-4-of-herbert-kijewski.html?m=1
  3. Given that the Luftwaffe did fly missions to the very end, and that the personnel was transferred to the infantry... Total breakdown only occurs when you get no orders from the top. Until then machinery turns and work is done, regardless of the situation. A similar case is ceasefires. War continues up until the agreed point, strange as it seems.
  4. If in doubt, err on the side of extra height. Back pain is totally unnecessary.
  5. A dream of mine is to get inside an A380. It won't happen though, but I am not sorry; there is no way I could endure a such long trips in a seat.
  6. https://m.facebook.com/worldwartoons/photos/a.1605956606348057/2070242116586168/?type=3&comment_id=2320430071567370&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&notif_id=1555260075907354&ref=m_notif Wonder if we will see crew men for their tanks?
  7. Wonder what the quality is of those old kits.
  8. https://goo.gl/images/zsWdXz
  9. Adding another warning signal to cockpit will do no good. They are often ignored by the crew in stressful situations, or cause even more stress. An example is how the crew of that Bombardier Q400, in the article i linked too, didn't react to a warning the gear leg wasn't extended at landing. The investigators could hear the sound on the cvr, but the crew didn't. Blaming the pilots is easy but unfair. Humans are clever but very limited in what they can do with their bodies and minds. They are perfectly adapted for a simple stone age life in Africa, but flying is basically to use science to push the boundaries of the possible. (Heck, I am always amazed we got no more car crashes than we do.) Put another way; would you like a trained monkey in the cockpit? That is what you got already. The scientists are smarter, they don't use throttle and stick to run the great Hadron collider.
  10. Got my decals for the build. It is peddinghaus late war markings in 1/48 Scale. The decals looks nice but are not contour cut. Something to keep in mind if you want to purchase from PH. I chose the sheet that gave me most crosses so that I have plenty of markings for my toon projects. Since they are something of what-if projects to begin with i don't bother much with getting markings right. ^^ Gloss varnish and all the setting solutions I got was used to make the decals conform to the zimmerit. Hopefully it will look OK after the flat varnish I will apply later. I am still looking for a good wooden base to make a Diorama. The idea is to make something like that well known photo of tigers parked under trees in Normandy. In other news is my successful test of a plastic Primer for a slaver-1 i am working on. The plastic is not styrene but some pvc. (it is a toy) The Primer is transparent but with some metallic in it to make it more visible. It stuck really hard to the plastic. (not shown) That's all for now. Thanks for looking!
  11. Even with automation there is too much complexity for a pilot. These days it is mostly pilot error that send the machines crashing. Like this one https://aviationweek.com/business-aviation/approach-so-awful-tower-controllers-ducked-out-fear Occasionally there are hardware error, like that Airbus 400 that crashed, but they seems rare. More common is small problems that lead to pilot error through confusion. Air France Flight 447 didn't crash because of faulty pitot tubes, but because of erroneous pilot response to speed data. Then we got suicide by aircraft, too. I recall at least three times that has happened in the 21th cent.
  • Create New...