Kotare teaser - it's a Bf 109K!

mozart

I look at some of those stashes and feel a little better of my own.  Mostly I do not keep multiples on hand.  In any event, I look foreword to anything Kotare releases as even if I do not like what they release I will still look over every detail of the manual.  I suspect though whatever their new kit, chances are better than average they will tool something I will buy.  At some point I am going to grab an early kit and probably the early mid release with the figure.  

8 hours ago, Tony T said:

I need someone to say the Revells aren't that bad with a few Barracuda and MDC bits, so I don't get swallowed up by the delights of Pacific Rim consumerism. 

Tony 

No takers?  Oh dear. Just might have to get that Brian Lane edition while I still can then, which will make me want a Tamiya XVIe, and...

...if 32009 is a Seafire that will be irresistible. 

Tony 

7 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

That looks similar to my pile.

PXL_20221119_042933897-L.jpg

I've built 9 Tamiya Spitfires so far, with #10 on the bench. Missing from the pic are 3 PCM XIVs and a pair of Kotare kits. 

I would LOVE to visit your house Carl!

Cheers, Tom

Edited by Uncarina

1 hour ago, Uncarina said:

I would LOVE to visit your house Carl!

Cheers, Tom

My son took a friend of his to the LHS. He said they have a lot of models there for them to go and look at and possibly buy one. His friend replied " They have more models than your dad?" 

I wasn't sure if I should laugh or hide at that point. 

13 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

That looks similar to my pile.

PXL_20221119_042933897-L.jpg

I've built 9 Tamiya Spitfires so far, with #10 on the bench. Missing from the pic are 3 PCM XIVs and a pair of Kotare kits. 

Can't thank you enough for posting this.

I feel so much more at ease with myself now! :clap2:

The embarrassing thing for me is that my photo is only a fraction of my entire stock.. I've got loads under my desk, and overspill in both the loft and garage.. 

Having said that, it totals about 75 kits, which I'm sure is quite a small number in comparison to some folk!

6 hours ago, mozart said:

That’s also SERIOUS financial investment there Carl….. wonder which, if any are appreciating or depreciating in value? 

Max, there are a few kits in there that have definitely appreciated. I usually don't find out until I've actually started them so for me, it becomes moot. 

There's the usual culprits like the few Fisher kits and conversions I have but my sci-fi kits I would say have gone up the most. 

I bought a Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 kit years ago on clear out for about $120. I built it last year and when searching for references on it, found they were worth close to $1,200 now. 

Likewise I have a Max Factory 1/20 VF-1S that is now about $1,700 which I bought for a 1/3 of that. 

Guilty of stashing 72 x 1:32 kits, about 40 x 1:48 and some small but impressive kits like the 1:72 Airfix V-Bombers (and imagine saying the last few words back in 1970!) all housing a hideous amount of AM from all over the world.

Nothing valuable or rare; it's just the joy of having them, but I am gradually disposing of a heap of 1:72 kits.  

I really shouldn't be worried about adding another 1:32 Spitfire. 

Tony