In-flight A-10C 355th FW, 354th FS Bulldogs - OIR, Incirlik 2017

red Dog

I am both happy and sad this is finally done.

Happy because it's done and I can finally think of something else

Sad because this has been insdide my head for the last 14 months putting all my other hobbies to a stop.
And although it was a complicated project I enjoyed every moment of it. 

The complete build log is on the WIP forum. 

1/32 Trumpeter A-10A

(not quite straight from the box)

+ Cutting edge A-10A cockpit + AMS A-10C parts + Cutting edge A-10 exterior + SH Engines + Masters gun nozzle/pitot + squadon Vac canopy + Eduard PE +  Cutting Edge wheels + Lots of rivets (Quinta & Archer) + Brassins GBU-12 & TGP pod + VideoAviation GBU-38 + Reskit GBU-54 + Flying Leatherneck/Phase Hangar APKWS rocket pod + Reskit LAU-105 + TwoBobs & Eagle Strike decals for stencils + Magic scale modeling phosphorescent formation lights + Homemade decals + ReedOak pilot.

And none of this would have been possible without two books I abused a lot in the process:
- The Modern Hog Guide from Reid Air

- Duke Hawkins A-10C

Enough with words, here are the pictures:

A10C_popup_final_517.png

A10C_popup_final_523.png

A10C_popup_final_522.png

A10C_popup_final_521.png

A10C_popup_final_520.png

The display stand allows the A-10 to be angled from -10 to +20°C in pitch . The model also rotate on its support giving unrestricted rotation in roll.

Well hung indeed!  A bad, bad aircraft there.  That, my friend, is one of the most convincing looking aircraft models I have ever seen.  It is worthy of the Thunderbolt II (and Warthog) name.  All the tough work you did paid off.  Including the weathering from hell!  And the stand allowing such freedom of position - a great addition especially since Hogs are frequently in all sorts of inflight attitudes.  Congratulations. 

Edited by JayW

WOW Oliver, you did a fantastic job on her, she looks awesome !! Knowing what you started with and seeing all those added details really makes a huge difference. Your paintwork, weathering really make her shine and definitely one to be very proud of.

Steve

Edited by A-10LOADER

It looks REAL Oliver, and there's no better compliment that I can think of than that!  Other than the many modifications you made to make this crappy kit more accurate, the display stand, heavy weathering and excellent photography, really makes this model stand out as one of the coolest A-10 Hogs ever built.  Congratulations!

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3