In-flight A-10C 355th FW, 354th FS Bulldogs - OIR, Incirlik 2017

red Dog

On 12/17/2023 at 5:25 PM, Landrotten Highlander said:

Qi'yaH, that looks tasty.

Hope mine comes out like a 10th of this finish - that is whenever get around on starting it o'course.

Thank you very much. I hope I see yours one day too.

On 12/17/2023 at 6:16 PM, JayW said:

Well hung indeed!  A bad, bad aircraft there.  That, my friend, is one of the most convincing looking aircraft models I have ever seen.  It is worthy of the Thunderbolt II (and Warthog) name.  All the tough work you did paid off.  Including the weathering from hell!  And the stand allowing such freedom of position - a great addition especially since Hogs are frequently in all sorts of inflight attitudes.  Congratulations. 

Many thanks Jay. Playing with the support is a lot of fun - I can't stop playing and simulating all the attitudes of a popup pass. :)

On 12/17/2023 at 6:32 PM, geedubelyer said:

So many delicious details to enjoy. :wub:

This one is right up my alley and straight from the Fleischmann school of "paint what you see". :thumbsup:

Brilliant, inspirational work. :bow:

Thank you for taking the time to share the pics. 

Thank you Guy. I'm a great adept of that school :)

On 12/17/2023 at 6:37 PM, crobinsonh said:

Superb WIP, final model and photography to match. Now this needs to go to KLP as a font of knowledge for the A-10C.

Thank you, I must say I was very lucky with the light. I saw the glorious morning after a long time under the clouds and I got the photo setup mounted outside just before the low sun would hit the place. The morning light was awesome for outdoor photography.

On 12/17/2023 at 6:50 PM, A-10LOADER said:

WOW Oliver, you did a fantastic job on her, she looks awesome !! Knowing what you started with and seeing all those added details really makes a huge difference. Your paintwork, weathering really make her shine and definitely one to be very proud of.

Thank you Steve, you have been very helpful with this difficult WIP. I am grateful. 

On 12/17/2023 at 7:12 PM, Zola25 said:

WOW

One of the best models I have seen - period! - Enjoyed aaaallll the work you put into this one. It is simply a mind-blowingly good result.

Love everything about it.

Thank you Niels. looking at a MLU F-16 now. By the way I got hold of the guy doing the PIDS pylons in Be, he can do a few more :)

On 12/17/2023 at 8:13 PM, Shoggz said:

Absolutely magnificent.

On 12/17/2023 at 8:14 PM, Michael931080 said:

That's awesome!  Love the dirty look of the HOG!

On 12/17/2023 at 11:32 PM, Uncarina said:

That looks completely authentic! I second this: magnificent work.

On 12/18/2023 at 12:31 AM, Martinnfb said:

Museum quality . :bow:

Thank you Shoggz, Michael and Tom and Martin

On 12/18/2023 at 4:38 AM, SwissFighters said:

I agree with all the previous comments - a brilliant job of which you can be justifiably proud. Thank you for sharing.
One query I hesitate to bring, but I'm curious! Given the rest of the aircraft is so dirty, would not the gun barrels also be blackened?

I think you're right about that.

I set my mindset to "don't weather the nose, don't touch the nose" as I noticed the gun soot started to appear a little behind the gun. Knowing myself I really needed to get into that mindset to avoid doing something stupid. And in the end I completely forgot to weather the gun nozzles. Easy enough to fix and I thank you for the pointer.
Never hesitate to bring these things, I love them and I often regret ppl are too nice and shy to post criticism (me too which is normal when you don't really know the person at the other hand)

So thank you !

On 12/18/2023 at 5:35 AM, chuck540z3 said:

It looks REAL Oliver, and there's no better compliment that I can think of than that!  Other than the many modifications you made to make this crappy kit more accurate, the display stand, heavy weathering and excellent photography, really makes this model stand out as one of the coolest A-10 Hogs ever built.  Congratulations!

Thank you Chuck, you paved the way and made my work much easier. So compliments from you means a lot. 

Your build has been an inspiration to me and I cannot count the times I went back to these multiple ARC pages to see how you fixed an issue.

Many thanks for that.

On 12/18/2023 at 10:15 AM, MikeMaben said:

Quite cool, nice stand but I really like the shots without.  :speak_cool::bow:

Thanks Mike - I confess me too :)

On 12/18/2023 at 10:17 AM, alain11 said:

All the superlative had been already used to qualify your masterpiece, I just want to add  : very attractive, dynamic.... or simply a huge WOW!!!.... you can be proud .....thanks for sharing

Merci Alain. 

On 12/18/2023 at 7:30 PM, jmel said:

Absolutely perfect in every way.  Just phenomenal.  Thanks for sharing your progress and photos with us.

Thank you Jake and thank you for the support along the build . It wouldn't have been possible without your book. 

On 12/18/2023 at 11:49 PM, Cicciuzzo said:

Magnifico, magnifico, magnifico, magnifico….:clap2:

Grazie mille 

On 12/19/2023 at 4:25 AM, Rod Bettencourt said:

That's just COOL!! really nicely done and thanks for sharing.

Thanks Rod

9 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

This is my new favorite model. I can’t stop looking at it. This is 100% amazing.

well done Oliver!

Thanks Pete, 
Means a lot coming from you too. Glad you like it and I know you sourced one of these so I'll be looking forward to yours. 

9 hours ago, chaos07 said:

Incredible.  What a stand to go with it too.  The ability to change the poses is awesome!!!

Thank you Chaos. a bit on the large side, but I needed a lot of stability

9 hours ago, James Rademaker said:

Love the “dirty” underside. It looks like the pilot got to use the 30mm GAU more than a few times. Terrific work!!!

Thank you Jim. He did use it a lot indeed :)

11 minutes ago, tomprobert said:

That is, quite simply, the best rendition of an A-10 in model form I’ve ever seen. Stunning in every respect. 

I’ve just added this kit to my stash and have bookmarked this for some serious inspiration when the time comes to build mine. 

Thank you Tom.
I will be ready to help when that time comes - just like great guys who built the Hog before me helped me.

Edited by red Dog
spelling