Who's into "What if " builds ?

Erwin

Hi all,

I was just wondering if there are more "What if" builders .

My current Baron Von Richthoven Me 262 and German Citroen Fourgon got me craving for more.

I already got some more in mind.

Here's one I did some years ago...

53154756424_653e3d3220_z.jpg

Edited by Erwin

I really admire the creativity and imagination, especially the ones that have a believable and amusing back story. 

However, my interest is in the history of certain air forces, and individuals I've read about or met. I don't have enough time to build the real subjects I have planned, so my stash never seems to get much smaller. :)

Always fascinated by what others build though. Build for results that make you happy.

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

I love ‘em!

did a stretch DHC-6, turboprop B-17; A-26, P-61 (partially completed) Su 27 as an AETE Canadian and have most parts in place but lacking a bit of roundtuitivness to get a start on an Me 262 with twin tails and 747 engines (all 4) my version of a 1940’s Luftwaffe A-10

I enjoy building them, but I tend to try and make a little backstory or have some plausibility in some builds (that just aren't Luftwaffe '46 although I enjoy that too). Last year I did a Bay of Pigs Cuban Spitfire Mk 14;

tWlS0A5.jpg

A couple of years ago I did my Royal Australian Navy A-6 Intruder that was deployed in Operation Sheep; the liberation of New Zealand from a Communist takeover.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235049236-royal-australian-navy-a-6e-intruder/

It looks like there are several members that could be interested in a What-if groupbuild.

The previous GB dates from 2015.

I shall propose this theme at the appropiate time.

WI's should indeed have some story behind them.An explenation how the idea arrose.

Edited by Erwin

Well, I know this was not really your point but I did some what if builds my own way in the past:

- what if we had a 1/32 scale hawker tempest kit... and now we have several

- what if we had a 1/32 scale B5N Kate kit... and we are about to get one 

- what if we had a 1/32 scale Do-335 kit and well, we have a complete fleet of those

- what if we had a 1/32 scale Mirage F1 kit... and it seams there is going to be one soon.... 

looks like there is some sort of conspiracy to prevent me to build what if and turn these into reality...

:D

I now am going turn to what if I manage to finish one of my builds , who knows what may happen !

:D

Edited by Loic

Oh yes, any day!

I like both What-if´s and what I call, "Could have been".

While What-if is completly fiction, what could have been is more what could prototypes have looked in service

Imagine a TSR-2 in British bomber cammo or a one-off prototype (Seafang) in a nice cammo or a real aircraft in a cammo/painting from a comic book.

I like the idea of a Group Build! :thumbsup:

Stefan :beer: