Echelon Hawker Hunter

mozart

This is jumping the gun slightly because the Demon isn’t quite finished, but I feel the need for a bit of R&R of a different kind right now, having worked on three biplanes in a row. So today I aim to do an hour or two of straightforward cutting and sanding. 

oCQ9Ym.jpg

yn8wSy.jpg

3n8duO.jpg

68RZsd.jpg

F0YlZ4.jpg

IgYwjE.jpg

qZ08Pm.jpg

yO6xNC.jpg

nQaa3P.jpg

aOuCXp.jpg

t2s4ln.jpg

All the white metal castings are excellent, but for the cockpit I'm using the True Details resin offering:

6uiykt.jpg

OK, onwards and upwards....................:yahoo:

Edited by mozart

I'm not touching that, not even with a stick!
I'd be too afraid for my sanity, but may the model kit gods accompany you on this dangerous journey!
You have my full consideration, but frankly, it's a lot of trouble for very little.
By Saint-Tamiygawa, preserve me from vacuform!

:P

Edit : Your Lightning is absolutely gorgeous!

Edited by Furie

I’ve spent a couple of hours poring over Frank Brown’s instructions and drawings (a bit enigmatic in places) trying to work out what I need, but I’ve decided to do a Mk 5 of 56 Squadron. Choosing a Mk 5 means I don’t have to mess about with adding a different tail cone nor the extended leading edges to the wings as on Mk 6s and later, so it simplifies the build! 

ncuceL.jpg

md1hvJ.jpg

Another Frank Brown masterpiece! This should be a really sweet build Max (it surprises me how vac-forms seem to frighten people!). I have the Revell 1/32 Mk.58 which I intend to back-date to an F.4 (or, more precisely, a J 34) at some future point in time.

Good luck

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Nice one, Max! I've spent quite a bit of time over the last few weeks (while chilling out and watching a movie) cutting and sanding parts out of the various vac kits in my stash. Some of them are from the selection of Welsh Models airliner kits that Derek sent me a few years back!

Anyway, I'll be watching and learning.

Kev