spoke to Airfix yesterday..

airscale

An aircraft used by both the UK and the US, offering the potential for good sales in the latter, that is not enormous (especially if it can be modelled with folded wings), my money is on a Corsair: but we will see when Airfix are good and ready.  Personally I would like to see a Sea Fury.

5 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Are the Trumpeter kits really that bad? I've read, generally not - although the reviews are very mixed, to say the least. 

Chris. 

I am almost at the end of the Spitfire build and picked up a Trumpeter 109-G as the next project. The difference in quality is astonishing. An Airfix version to the same standard as the Spit would be amazing.

What about a Blenheim or Whirlwind in 1:24 ?

Some good guesses, and I love the rationale behind everyone's choices. It's fun to speculate although I know these threads bore some people.

I understand the desire for a 109, but I hope they continue with subjects with a British connection. I would love to see a Sea Fury or Tempest, but suspect it might not sell in the numbers they require. My first choice would always be a completely new P-51D/K. So many users and markings options over its service career, but maybe with the old tool having been reissued so many times I'm not sure the sales would be there either. A P-51B for a change?

I'd love to see a Canadair Sabre if we're talking jets, but that's not very likely.

Whose turn to guess next?

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

I was certainly surprised when Airfix brought out the Hellcat-5.

I recall Finescale modeler's annual wishlist would repeatedly have the F4U Corsair at or near the top choice for large scale for many years straight when the Hellcat would not place within the top 10 picks.

As for me, the F4U1A Corsair would be my #1 dream come true in 1/24 scale! Put me down for two please. 

2 minutes ago, John Stambaugh said:

I was certainly surprised when Airfix brought out the Hellcat-5.

I recall Finescale modeler's annual wishlist would repeatedly have the F4U Corsair at or near the top choice for large scale for many years straight when the Hellcat would not place within the top 10 picks.

As for me, the F4U1A Corsair would be my #1 dream come true in 1/24 scale! Put me down for two please. 

P.S. Thank you very much Airfix for the Spitfire IXc. 

6 hours ago, Shoggz said:

Wouldn't that be great. I have the old Mk.I sitting next to me in this office - which I made back in the early 90s. It looks OK, but without a built in solid spar, the wings have now drooped below the horizontal!

Early 90s! Jeez, I made mine in the summer of 1971 when they wuz new - with one arm in a plaster cast!

When I was enduring my stay in hospital because of forementioned broken arm, i was  wheeled out into the summer sunshine and saw for the first time a Spitfire and Hurricane pair fly over, both part of what was to become the BBMF. Must have stirred something, cos my parents bought it for me to cheer me up.

Yes, the wing dihedral looked more like that of a Hurricane, but was awesome at the time.

A new state of the art BoB era Spitfire and 109 would prove interesting.

PS. The old Spitfire flew into the skip a couple of years ago! :o

3 hours ago, Duncan Doenitz said:

What about a Blenheim or Whirlwind in 1:24 ?

Whirlwind! Oh god yes! :frantic:

Art deco hot rod!!!

There's a few blokes around the Bath area that'd go for that.

Not such a global appeal though I'm afraid. :crying:

Edited by CharmyDown