Upcoming Japanese Model Show - New Tamiya Releases?

John1

56 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo said:

The second release hasn’t been announced yet, a Tamiya USA Rep at OrangeCon stated the second release will be announced later in the year. No word why they delayed it.

I bet it is the 1/48 F-4C/D and they want to release it at a US venue.

Personally, I think the second release is going to be another new tool, and not just a variant of an existing kit, especially one that everyone who’s seen the F-4B sprues knows is coming.

3 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Personally, I think the second release is going to be another new tool, and not just a variant of an existing kit, especially one that everyone who’s seen the F-4B sprues knows is coming.

They already stated two completely new tool, but as already stated, the second one has been delayed.

53 minutes ago, markiii said:

They already stated two completely new tool, but as already stated, the second one has been delayed.

I'm really waiting to see what it'll be, I don't expect any 1/32 scale stuff from them, it would be nice but I'm not holding my breathe. The last one of theirs I built was the Mossie , great kit and wouldn't mind building another if the price was right

2 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Moderators, can we have a YAWN emoji, please??  This would get quite a workout in all the many Tamiya "new release" wish lists.....  :lol:

Cheers,

Michael

Why would you continue to read a thread that you find to be boring? I recall that a few years back, I started reading a book titled "10 Philosophical Mistakes" (Motimer J. Adler), put it down after 15 minutes, never to pick it up again. A fellow author quipped that Mortimer's next book should probably be titled "How to Write a Book That People Can Actually Read".

9 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Why would you continue to read a thread that you find to be boring? I recall that a few years back, I started reading a book titled "10 Philosophical Mistakes" (Motimer J. Adler), put it down after 15 minutes, never to pick it up again. A fellow author quipped that Mortimer's next book should probably be titled "How to Write a Book That People Can Actually Read".

I would use the yawn in jest for comments within a thread. For example, the ever so tedious wishing for the same new kits, over and over that already are on the market that we so waaay know that Tamiya will never produce.  :innocent:

9 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I gave up reading this about five pages back.  Just thought I'd stir the pot a little here :lol:.

I can only surmise that a lot of other people think Tamiya's possible future a bit of a yawn too.  On the afore mentioned five pages back, I made a comment about posting on Tamiya USA's page to try to boost "our" chances.  I'm the first to admit that a new LSP from Tamiya would be great.  However, after only two posts by me, I've been acknowledged with a "top fan" badge.  Two posts???  Doesn't that suggest that not many people are interested any more??

Cheers,

Michael

13 hours ago, markiii said:

Tamiya now have superb kits in 48th scale of the F-4, F-14, F-16 and now the F-35.  The F-15 is missing....  That would make me happy.

8 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

I gave up reading this about five pages back.  Just thought I'd stir the pot a little here :lol:.

I can only surmise that a lot of other people think Tamiya's possible future a bit of a yawn too.  On the afore mentioned five pages back, I made a comment about posting on Tamiya USA's page to try to boost "our" chances.  I'm the first to admit that a new LSP from Tamiya would be great.  However, after only two posts by me, I've been acknowledged with a "top fan" badge.  Two posts???  Doesn't that suggest that not many people are interested any more??

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael, we are, it seems, a niche market for sure.  Perhaps Tamiya’s response is to engender engagement (it’s what many online marketing strategies do).  I guess Tamiya do the kits that we would expect a company who focus on quality and ‘iconic’ machines to do. We see this in their other ranges: they are naturally conservative, generally pick icons only and clearly that is part of a business model that has worked over many decades.  If all of that is a ‘bit of a yawn’ then OK it is what it is. For me I regard them as a bit of a pole-star in the modelling world: I know they will work slowly and diligently, that they will probably only pick ‘obvious’ subject matter but will produce a very high quality product at the end of it.

Cheers

Paul