Jump to content

Upcoming Japanese Model Show - New Tamiya Releases?


John1
 Share

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

 

Musashi, Tirpitz, Akagi, Kaga, Soryu, Hiryu, Shokaku, Zuikaku, KGV, Prince of Wales,...

The more I think about it, the more I think if Tamiya does a Saturday announcement it is something that is a priority for the home market, not that it would not be populate everywhere but I think it is something for the Japanese market.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, cbk57 said:

I have watched every Tamiya hobby show release for years and I have never seen them do an announcement after the show has started.  If they drop a Saturday announcement I would expect this is something that is super special to them if not to us as 1/32 plane enthusiasts.   A separate dripped in announcement is not going to be just another armor or 1/24 car kit.  To me to merit the approach you are contemplating this would have to be a important 1/350 ship, 1/12 car,  or 1/32 plane.  I do not know what else they would anounce that they would segregate in such a manner.   However it was announced there were going to be two all new tool kits.  The wording “new tool” was specifically used which does not suggest RC.  

 

For Tamiya to break out an announcement in this manner would mean they need to announce an Iconic subject that is definitive and a show stopper.  1/32 P-51B, 1/12 Porsche Turbo, 1/350 (I just do not know what to put here akin to Missouri, Bismarck, Enterprise, Hood)  

I should have said “rumoured” second release, sorry, my error.

 

I’m a big fan of your idea that a 1/12th scale Porsche might be in the mix (I know, it’s just fantasy) but I’d love it if they released a 918 GT4, almost as much as I’d love them to re release the 1/12th scale Caterham series!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Smokeyforgothispassword said:

I should have said “rumoured” second release, sorry, my error.

 

I’m a big fan of your idea that a 1/12th scale Porsche might be in the mix (I know, it’s just fantasy) but I’d love it if they released a 918 GT4, almost as much as I’d love them to re release the 1/12th scale Caterham series!

Don't be sorry, there have been statements of two releases.  I was only saying that it is really unusual for Tamiya to proceed this way and I don't know that they ever have before.  The Porsche is a fantasy on my part but their 934 is so tanitilizngly close to being the base of a street version that they should do it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

A 1/32 Judy would be nice!

 

Ah, but which Judy?  The one with the radial engine or the one with the inline engine?  The dive-bomber or the night fighter?  Perhaps the single-seat kamikaze bomber?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry to rain on the parade but the show releases are out and there is no Tamiya 1/32.  In fact the only plane release is the F-35 in 1/48.  That was the only all new kit I have seen from Tamiya at the show.  I have reviewed several videos in japanese from the show to see the show booths and that looks like all there is.  I don't see any 1/32 kit announcement from any manufacturer at the show from what i can tell.  

Edited by cbk57
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

Sorry to rain on the parade but the show releases are out and there is no Tamiya 1/32.  In fact the only plane release is the F-35 in 1/48.  That was the only all new kit I have seen from Tamiya at the show.  I have reviewed several videos in japanese from the show to see the show booths and that looks like all there is.  I don't see any 1/32 kit announcement from any manufacturer at the show from what i can tell.  

Well, that's disconcerting and disappointing. just can't get all giddy over the F35 no matter what scale but that's me. Better luck next year 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Well, that's disconcerting and disappointing. just can't get all giddy over the F35 no matter what scale but that's me. Better luck next year 

I don't think it means anything, its just that all the big 1/32 news is already out for the year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, cbk57 said:

Sorry to rain on the parade but the show releases are out and there is no Tamiya 1/32.  In fact the only plane release is the F-35 in 1/48.  That was the only all new kit I have seen from Tamiya at the show.  I have reviewed several videos in japanese from the show to see the show booths and that looks like all there is.  I don't see any 1/32 kit announcement from any manufacturer at the show from what i can tell.  


The second release hasn’t been announced yet, a Tamiya USA Rep at OrangeCon stated the second release will be announced later in the year. No word why they delayed it.

 

I bet it is the 1/48 F-4C/D and they want to release it at a US venue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...