Vigilante

Dandiego

Omaha....?

Because my sons work for a major airline I can get free flights, if there is space available. So I have considered trying to fly in for a day, maybe two. But it would be a last minute decision. If I go it would be empty handed. Not sure that the Vigi will be done. She will be a big bird, hard to fly with.

Dan

First version of the ejection seat. 

Here is a photo from Fusion 360. I have taken a photo of a side view, scaled it to the correct size, uploaded it to Fusion and drawn on top of that.

TRTdG1O.jpg?1

Lot of details to be added of course, but I usually print out a simple version first to make sure the basic size and shapes are correct.

OzoCGPq.jpg?1

And sitting in the cockpit. Seems to sit a little low, easy enough to fix.

Mx55qOL.jpg?1

Thanks, Dan

So some progress on the canopies. My idea of using clear plastic from soda bottles seems to be working.  

Here is the front canopy fresh off of the printer and with all supports removed and the clear plastic super glued on. Good news, the CA does not cloud the clear plastic, and so far seems to be a good choice to bond the two items together.

4MxznDK.jpg?1

Excess plastic removed with a sharp  knife.

2MEHqEc.jpg?1

Rear canopy with the window masked off and some primer. Yes there is a gap between the parts but nothing a little putty can't fix.

kmc7C8h.jpg?1

Yippee!

Oh, and the first print of the main gear leg. Very crude.

6kd1AwF.jpg?1

Dan

Lots of work on the main gear legs. Need to be strong to hold the weight of the model. So I have designed a gear leg that will accommodate a bent nail as a central support. High tech huh!

mRDlIpV.jpg?1 

DKZ37UG.jpg?1

And the assembled gear with wheel and hub,

WYFsTTU.jpg?1

I have had to make a few concessions to accuracy in order to get a strong unit. More details and retraction struts to follow.

Dan