Vigilante

Dandiego

Flaps. Sanded and with filler smeared over some problem areas.

iBsb5KL.jpg?1

In Situ.

z3QBskv.jpg?1

Revised tank with pylon. Regarding the shape issues as noted before, I went to Tommy's blog and copied his drawings into Fusion 360. The shape of the tanks is now as close as I can make it. Fins to be added from sheet plastic.

xpTlce9.jpg?1

Dan

Edited by Dandiego

Ok major redesign work is going to be needed on the fuselage. A few months ago Tomcat Kirby sent me some great drawings, in 1:32 scale, of the RA-5C. I was deep into my own work and gave these drawings a casual once over. Although I am building the A5-A many profiles share commonality between versions.

Now as I get ready to finalize the design and hopefully begin printing multiple copies I realize there are some noticeable shape issues. First the intakes are too wide. Second the rear fuselage from the aft end of the wings is too "chunky".

I was already going to go over each component to finalize any needed improvements, but now am facing a more comprehensive redesign. My goal is to produce the best model that I can. With a fresh look I see there are many improvements to be made.

Hopefully my previous work will make this redesign go rather quickly. Practice makes perfect.

Dan

You can also glean a huge amount of useable data from Timmy’s earlier post with the fuselage and wing station drawings and they appear to be very accurate.  When I started a similar journey a while back, I found that many of the Viggie line drawings out there are as much imagination as anything else.

1 hour ago, Oldbaldguy said:

You can also glean a huge amount of useable data from Timmy’s earlier post with the fuselage and wing station drawings and they appear to be very accurate.  When I started a similar journey a while back, I found that many of the Viggie line drawings out there are as much imagination as anything else.

Yes, sometimes too much info can be confusing. Which source, which drawing is correct? It's hard too know which is right.

Dan

I am spending today assessing where I am accuracy wise.

I have discovered that I kinda got the shape close, but..... small shape errors throughout the design. The biggest problems, intakes and wing placement. It seems that I have the wing too far back on the fuselage. Anyway..........

Back to the drawing board.

Dan

That is a bit of kick in the jublies for sure Dan. If you look at the bright side, much better to catch it now in this stage than after printing anything more, or even worse after the kit has gone for sale.

It will all lead to a much better and more accurate product in the end for sure!