Vigilante

Dandiego

First decals. I applied a gloss coat before applying decals.

And not many decals at that. Looking at pictures there doesn't seem to be much stenciling. So a few more tomorrow and it will be time for a flat coat.

I also tried my hand at a sun-faded paint job. Looks ok to me, for a first try. The fading doesn't really show up in the pics.

6d33m5d.jpg?1

AlclBGh.jpg?1

On 6/28/2022 at 12:58 AM, Starfighter said:

Looks great! I'd say you changed to the fast lane and passed me lightning fast... Your model makes me want to get back to mine. Excellent work! 

Thanks Ben.

Can't wait to see yours. I am sure it will far exceed my humble efforts.

Dan

Thanks Kev. You may notice that I have not added rivets, which I normally do. However with this being a prototype I have decided to hold off. Spend more time and effort on build #2.

Also looking at 100's of photos it is hard to actually see any rivets on the real deal. It does however add visual interest to a model. So still undecided on rivets on #2.

Dan

Edited by Dandiego

As I come closer to a finished product I realized that I would need to provide engine exhaust parts with nozzles.

So here is the first one off of the printer. There are better resin J-79's out there to be sure but I wanted to provide something.

dnWTjfb.jpg?1

Dan

Edited by Dandiego

• 2 weeks later...

As I inch toward the finish line on this project I am preparing all components for a limited production run.

I have decals coming from a fellow LSPer to provide the smaller markings and hope to have paint masks for the larger markings. There will be 2 squadrons available,  VAH-1 and VAH-7.

I will produce kits for all that are interested. I expect to sell the kit for approximately $100. Shipping in the US should be about $15. International would be calculated depending on country. 

I am trying to gauge interest here on LSP. If interested please let me know.  I don't expect to sell more than a handful but if interest is greater than I expect I need to know.

I would hope to be ready to enter production sometime in the October. Each kit would take approximately 1 week to complete.

As you can see from following this work in progress the shapes look quite good. It is a big model, 25 inches long with a wingspan of 20 inches. Part preparation will entail filling and sanding before paint.

Thanks in advance, Dan