ICM 1/35 CH-54?

Dave Williams

18 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I pretty much have had 0 aircraft modeling MoJo lately, and have been mentally confined to SiFi stuff and landscaping stuff for enjoyment................

But if/when this thing comes out it will be a MUST have for me and possibly a bench clearer. Really looking forward to this one even if it is in *that* scale.  I dont have nearly quite the issue with that scale in helos as I do for any aircraft, so this one will still be high up on my list. 

I’m really looking forward to your build log with this one Brian!

Cheers,  Tom

The kit will need just one big aftermarket part for the perfect diorama.  Fortunately, Tamiya already offers this part in a very similar scale.  The scale difference will be made irrelevant by the "wow factor".

G5OwFxE.jpg

On a more serous note, this helo kit is so very, very cool.

On 12/30/2022 at 12:20 PM, Model_Monkey said:

The kit will need just one big aftermarket part for the perfect diorama.  Fortunately, Tamiya already offers this part in a very similar scale.  The scale difference will be made irrelevant by the "wow factor".

G5OwFxE.jpg

On a more serous note, this helo kit is so very, very cool.

Ask Border models for a 1/35 scale Phantom!

I've finally narrowed my decision on what ship to build when this thing comes out......

Turns out, since I have so many detail photos of it and because it's SO pretty, I've narrowed things down to an S-64 from Siller heavy lift helicopters. 

Instead of having to completely scratch a full set of skies, two pylons, two fuel tanks and a set of new dual MLG, I will only have to scratch, or in this case scratch then vac a couple of bubble windows.

I hope the Feb date holds true.

Can't wait!

1 hour ago, npb748r said:

just looked them up - lots of red should look very impressive

I look at them almost every day in winter and some weeks in summer as they are right in my back yard. One year i climbed all over one to snap photos.

Tom and his brother are great individuals and flew their C-180 many times. If anyone needs anything particularly when this kit comes out then let me know I can look through what I shot previously or I can go back there at shoot again. 

4 hours ago, Lee White said:

I'd love to do a big orange Erikson bird if I can source decals.

All you need is a plotter/cutter my friend!

I have one of the very first gen smaller Silhouette 1s that I traded for a Tamiya P-51 back in 2011 IIRC, and it has paid for itself likely 20 times over since then if I calculated all the money I didn't spend on individual decals.

In my case N4037S is a newer license built machine that has gone under at least one revamp/update, and currently is front line on Sillers heavy lift program, moving power poles in remote locations and such.

He scheme is pretty for sure and will require much less scratch building, and I can easily design and cut paint masks for most everything on the bird.

N4037S2-S-64E-Siller-banner-XL.jpg

I will echo Brian here, who inspired me to get my Silhouette Portrait. It had been so rewarding and liberating to be able have so many cool possibilities open up, not limited by the decal market. Plus stencils look significantly better than decals.

Brian, your build will be a show-stopper!

Cheers,  Tom