ICM 1/35 CH-54?

Dave Williams

28 minutes ago, Zola25 said:

Especially since almost every air force in the western world has operated the Sea King in one form or another / it is seriously overlooked in this scale

I personally can only hope ICM do a SH-3 in 1/32nd like they did their Cobra. The Cobra was a lovely kit indeed, with just a new gotchas. 

Dippy-dopper-dippy-dippy-dopper-dopper-dooper-dippy-duppy-duppy-dooper-doppy-whoppy-whuppie-whoppie-whuppie-doopie-duppy-doppy-dippie-doppie.

1/32 Sea King or Super Jolly would do it for me. 1/35 is just tight trousers and shoes one size too small.

Tony 

3 minutes ago, Tony T said:

1/32 Sea King or Super Jolly would do it for me. 1/35 is just tight trousers and shoes one size too small.

Indeed. 1/35 is a crime IMHO, but the CH-54 and SH-3 are my favorite helos, so I can't resist them in LSP form....I'll have to have one of each at least, even in that scale.

On 12/25/2021 at 9:27 PM, Dave Williams said:

Those prices are pretty staggering.  I realize it’s a physically large aircraft, but it’s mostly just a cockpit pod and two engines and a transmission.

Ah the joys of having a wholesale account with Hannants. Providing I can get hold of a couple when they finally arrive on these shores I should be able to offer a nice little discount to LSP members, say £130.00 rather than £159.80. Anyone interested just let me know.

1 minute ago, Redcap1960 said:

Ah the joys of having a wholesale account with Hannants. Providing I can get hold of a couple when they finally arrive on these shores I should be able to offer a nice little discount to LSP members, say £130.00 rather than £159.80. Anyone interested just let me know.

That sounds wonderful, but I'm afraid my particular position on the pond may kill any advantage the deal gets me. If shipping is not ridiculous when it is actually released I might take you up on that.  I'm hoping it gets over here for a decent price somewhere in-between the two if ideal. 

2 minutes ago, Redcap1960 said:

Sorry, just to add to the aforementioned, the quoted price of £130.00 was in relation to Kit #53055 which contains the BLU-82/B Daisy Cutter bomb. The uncluttered variant, Kit #53054 will be going for £120.00 rather than £149.80. Hope that clarifies things.

3 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

That sounds wonderful, but I'm afraid my particular position on the pond may kill any advantage the deal gets me. If shipping is not ridiculous when it is actually released I might take you up on that.  I'm hoping it gets over here for a decent price somewhere in-between the two if ideal. 

Yes, I am afraid that postage to the US has become a tad ridiculous. I have managed to get stuff shipped to both Europe and Australia recently at relatively descent prices, but the USA seems to be a whole different kind of issue altogether, unfortunately. 

5 minutes ago, Redcap1960 said:

Yes, I am afraid that postage to the US has become a tad ridiculous. I have managed to get stuff shipped to both Europe and Australia recently at relatively descent prices, but the USA seems to be a whole different kind of issue altogether, unfortunately. 

Understood......Ive found the same thing trying to get stuff overseas. Im hoping things get better this coming year, but you never know. 

47 minutes ago, Neo said:

Luckymodel is my goto place for large kit, wait for the flat shipping deal, sadly used to be 2$ now 20$ but still unbeatable

That is a actually a good idea....

Their FRS deal is really good and what I used a long time ago to get my Tamiya Mosquito here for $2.

$20 doesn't seem like much at this point to get a model here of that size.

16 hours ago, Neo said:

Luckymodel is my goto place for large kit, wait for the flat shipping deal, sadly used to be 2$ now 20$ but still unbeatable

I took advantage of that once to get a Sparmax compressor from them plus a bunch of big kits. The box was about the size of one that fake Christmas trees came in. 

More recently what I've noticed is they're sending any of those surface mail orders in shipping containers with their own kits. They then just drop it off at the local post office so it arrives via Canada Post and doesn't get hit with any duties/taxes.

Carl

Kinda surprised about the choice of scale, thought these guys were standardizing on 32nd, then they announced a reissue of their Cobra in 35th and now this kit is coming out in 35th.    Wonder if they have decided just to stick with 35th scale moving forward?