What do you all listen to while modeling?

Alex

• 2 years later...

Well, the finest album ever created turns thirty this week, so I've been listening to it a lot - in the prescribed fashion - in the dark and loud!

Apple Music is a boon for boomers like me as I can listen to whole albums non stop. 

My current selection: Folk (June Tabor, Sandy Denny, Natalie Merchant), Jazz (Chet Baker, Helen Merril), Pioneer Rock (Roy Orbison, the Everlys, Brenda Lee), Chanson Française (Barbara, Léo Ferré) and a dozen more genres.

I found a newly interest in modern Portuguese Fado (Carminho, early Ana Moura, Aldina Duarte).

As a matter of fact, I think that modelling is just a pretext for being left alone… and listening to music.:P

On 12/7/2021 at 11:46 AM, BiggTim said:

Recently, silence has been more attractive to me. I am worn out from the constant onslaught of information, and just sound, people, life, etc. Quiet is sometimes therapeutic for me, I think.

Same here. Work is busy, and as a news junkie world events are stressful. I prefer to just work away on my hobbies in silence and peace. 

Richard

I added Sirius satellite radio to my IPad. So when working on my builds I listen to 
The Highway

Y2Country

No Shoes Radio

Woman of Country 

Classic Vinyl

The Bridge

Carries Country

2K Mellow Hits

and to really show my age (71) Yacht Rock Radio. 

Jim

I like to play movies on the Mac but never actually watch what I have on.  Kind of hard with a pair of lighted magnifiers on!  I also like some of those Sonos radio stations.  The Dark side of the Moon Live at Wembley 1974 is also a favorite album I play on SONOS.  Noel Gallagher, classic rock.  I have a studio above our main garage which is superbly quiet.  Heaven to just disappear in Valhalla.   

23 hours ago, Alain Gadbois said:

Here’s  a 17 minute great instrumental piece from the seventies.

Harmonium is a group from Quebec, Canada.

Alain

For some reason I just had a flashback to ummagumma: several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a pict….except for the Gaelic guy loosing his sh*t at the end

Goodness what a question!

I am enjoying the range of what others listen to! Keep ‘em coming!

From looking at my Spotify account: Many pieces by J.S. Bach are on heavy rotation (Glenn Gould pops up frequently but then so does Julian Bream), plainsong by Hildegard von Bingen (try it - surprisingly effective for focusing), John Coltrane, early Miles Davis, Benny Goodman, Led Zeppelin, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Art Blakey, Paco de Lucia, Oscar Peterson (We Get Requests also on heavy rotation), Junior Mance, G.F. Haendel, Carl Nielsen, John McLaughlin and always the impeccable and irreplaceable Jeff Beck (but I can only listen to ‘Rollin’ and Tumblin’ from “You Had it Coming” when I am taking a break).

I listen to a lot more than that selection but for different reasons. Most of that bunch are for serenity while I focus. 

Kind regards,

Paul

If I play music while modelling its usually on the heavier side.. Complete silence drives me crazy. It also makes me hear my tinnitus so it feels better drowing it out with more of the music that gave it to me in the first place :punk:

• Motörhead, Iron Maiden, Pearl Jam, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Tool, Rammstein, White Stripes, Soundgarden... You get the picture

/Niels

I recommend the podcast We have ways of making you talk on Spotify. It’s Al Murray and James Holland talking about literally everything WW2 

Experts and veterans are interviewed but it’s also quite funny. Most recent ones on 8th AF, the mosquito, Malta subs, the Italian war, politicisation of the Luftwaffe. Hill 120, Arnhem.