Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

11 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

I'm jealous! I built the old Horizon vinyl one when it first came out. I had a hard time keeping it together nevermind standing upright. 

I missed out on the Argonauts one when that was available. 

Hope they do a Cain.

Carl

I acquired the Horizon kit late last year, so now I have both. This new one is clearly superior (it's injection-moulded plastic, for starters), though I still plan to build the Horizon kit as well.

Kev

3 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I acquired the Horizon kit late last year, so now I have both. This new one is clearly superior (it's injection-moulded plastic, for starters), though I still plan to build the Horizon kit as well.

Kev

How do they compare in size? The Horizon kit was pretty big. 

When you do get around to the Horizon kit, try to get some sort of reinforcement into the main body. Mine kept collapsing under its own weight. It was my first vinyl kit I'd ever built. I had much better luck later on when I built the Screamin' 1/4 Boba Fett.

1 hour ago, BloorwestSiR said:

How do they compare in size? The Horizon kit was pretty big. 

When you do get around to the Horizon kit, try to get some sort of reinforcement into the main body. Mine kept collapsing under its own weight. It was my first vinyl kit I'd ever built. I had much better luck later on when I built the Screamin' 1/4 Boba Fett.

I believe the two kits are supposed to be in the same scale, and hence roughly the same size. I intend to fill the legs on my Horizon kit with plaster, and then try to bolster the main joins with brass rod or the like. Expanding foam might be one option, but I haven't had much luck with it so far. The plaster worked well for my previous RoboCop figure build though.

Kev

7 hours ago, Dukie99 said:

This bad boy landed this morning on my doorstep direct from Russia. I have Quinta decals for the cockpit and resin cans on the way, then I will start a build log on the non LSP section.

i-Cg2jqcB-XL.jpg

Cheers,

David

got my kit last week, and out of co-incidence ordered the mask set for this 20 mins ago for this scheme

Sukhoi to Start Serial Production of Su-57 – New defence order. Strategy

On 3/5/2021 at 8:48 AM, Dukie99 said:

This bad boy landed this morning on my doorstep direct from Russia. I have Quinta decals for the cockpit and resin cans on the way, then I will start a build log on the non LSP section.

i-Cg2jqcB-XL.jpg

Cheers,

David

Hi Guys!

My Su-57 arrived yesterday as well!  I can honestly say that I am very pleased with the kit.  Detail is good and the decals for it look amazing!

I could not help myself, I had to start it right away. Since I need to wait for the Quinta cockpit detail to show up, I started with the bomb bay and cleaning up as many pieces as possible and dryfitting the various components. I have to say I am impressed by the quality of the molding and the fit. The last time I built a Zvezda kit was almost ten years ago (a tank) and the molding and fit were best described as "agricultural". If the Su-57 is any indication, they have made some serious improvement in quality. I wish they would enter the 1:32 market and serve us the full line-up of modern Russian jets. Why do we have to rely on a Chinese company to provide 1/32 scale models of the best that Russian engineering can produce. We need some Russian pride here, Vladimir are you listening? 

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

Nice! I like the case too, Mark. I'll be having an acrylic cover made for a big Jagdtiger, and it's not going to be cheap, but I really want it covered.

Yes indeed the Come at a price but worth every cent

Keeps away the dust 

Mark