Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

On 1/19/2021 at 3:19 PM, Gazzas said:

From another thread, I read that the HGW 109E-7 Trop was the Dragon plastic, and not the Eduard 109...  so I rushed to snaffle one up...  it's still in the cellophane.

YdFZw7.jpg

Haha- I did the same maybe a few others too- I couldn’t resist cutting open the cellophane though:thumbsup:

9 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Just arrived yesterday (Goodwill auction from a couple of weeks back), and cheap it was too. I was so delighted, that I built almost the entire thing last night, just like a little kid. I love it.

rr1R0v.jpg

Wow, brings back memories.  Back when I built this kit, didn't know much about models.  I hope you give us an RFI.

27 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Wow, brings back memories.  Back when I built this kit, didn't know much about models.  I hope you give us an RFI.

The way I'm cranking, I'll have it done in the next month or so. I did discover last night that there are no decals though, so I'll now need to grab another. It was an "as-is" purchase, so no remedy there.

2 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

The way I'm cranking, I'll have it done in the next month or so. I did discover last night that there are no decals though, so I'll now need to grab another. It was an "as-is" purchase, so no remedy there.

If your decal search is a failure you can always get me or a buddy to make you masks.  You should be able to mask the broad stripes with tape.  The dual Pentagons shouldn't be overly difficult.  IIRC, painting that stepped windscreen was more than I could handle.

4 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Thanks to Damian...

My Synthetic Ordinance Works landing gear arrived today...  and do they look sharp!

CiLD8p.jpg

Hi mate.

Is there a site for this stuff? I've not heard of it.

Well, this just showed up in the midst of a blizzard.  Got it from HLJ. Even w/ FedEx, it was still cheaper than anything stateside (and available). Will be using this to do a WIP and show how to make an F-4B. Of course, Tamiya could scale up their new announcement, but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.  This will be on deck in the build pile, and depending on how the Prowler goes, it might get built sooner...

-Peter

20210125_115702