Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Just got a nice deal on eBay for my eventual in flight 1/48 B-17. Monogram B-17G kit with the Verlinden update set, true details bombardier, cockpit, and tail gunner resin, Eduard cockpit and seatbelts, and resin gun barrels, all for $28! I'm going to get the visible B-17 when I can get a good deal on one, to display all the detail and figures inside

Just got a nice deal on eBay for my eventual in flight 1/48 B-17. Monogram B-17G kit with the Verlinden update set, true details bombardier, cockpit, and tail gunner resin, Eduard cockpit and seatbelts, and resin gun barrels, all for $28! I'm going to get the visible B-17 when I can get a good deal on one, to display all the detail and figures inside

That is indeed a great deal. One of my fellow mods sent me two complete Big Ed sets for the Fortress; more P.E. than I can shake a stick at, plus I have all the True Details guts too.

I hope this wasn't one single purchase :)

God no, haha! The most recents this year are the An-8, An-32, IL-22M, La-250, MiG-21/E-7, Tu-134AK, Tu-134UBL, Sukhoi T-10 prototype, Sukhoi T-49 & Sukhoi Su-17M3... 

I actually worked out how much is in this photo and it's scary, but at least older kits are funding it... I couldn't just go and buy that lot. 

God no, haha! The most recents this year are the An-8, An-32, IL-22M, La-250, MiG-21/E-7, Tu-134AK, Tu-134UBL, Sukhoi T-10 prototype, Sukhoi T-49 & Sukhoi Su-17M3... 

I actually worked out how much is in this photo and it's scary, but at least older kits are funding it... I couldn't just go and buy that lot. 

I can certainly relate to this, as I can buy but very few books these days myself. Wednesday I'll be ordering this Squadron/Signal book on the Black Widow. Even though I already have the paperback version of this book, I've found a fabulous deal on the hardbound version that I just cannot pass up.

I just now returned from the The National Museum of the United States Air Force and I saw the Memphis Bell. Yup one of the first of the public to get a preview... Of the tip of the rudder and the top gun turret showing above the large curtain. LOL. I consoled myself with a MB T-shirt for now. The big presentation will be May 10th. I will go back late May for another day at the museum. Way cool place

Rick

Wow that is a smoking deal. Id buy that off you in a minute!!

Not really a lot to show his month in the way of orders; some paints and instruments for an Fw 190 I'm working on,...

nFCzLH.jpg

And this hardbound edition of the Black Widow book that I already have as a paperback. It was on sale for a killer price that I just could not pass up.

e2RDi2.jpg

Wow that is a smoking deal. Id buy that off you in a minute!!

Yeah i was really happy with it. I bought it for the after market so I'll be unloading the sealed in box B-17G kit if you're interested in that by itself

Yet another HDD for my new PC arrived today, this time a Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 64MB Cache, SATA-6 2TB internal drive. I was going to go with a 3TB drive this month, but the 2TB was on sale for a pretty good price, so I snatched it instead. My new computer case has 7 internal drive bays, so in addition to this drive, my 1TB and the 240GB SSD, I still have plenty of room for expansion, should I need (or desire) it.

Just a couple more items still to get and I'm ready to build this new PC, and I can't hardly wait. (This has been such a dragged out affair.)

SNCKrp.jpg