Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

I would suggest if you have that many bays that you make a redundant self backing up system.  I have four hard drives in mine.  The main which only has the OS on it has a SSD drive for the buffer and the remaining two are for storing all my files and are mirror images.  I have had too many crashes.  All have been Seagate BTW so all my new stuff is WD.

Yet another HDD for my new PC arrived today, this time a Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 64MB Cache, SATA-6 2TB internal drive. I was going to go with a 3TB drive this month, but the 2TB was on sale for a pretty good price, so I snatched it instead. My new computer case has 7 internal drive bays, so in addition to this drive, my 1TB and the 240GB SSD, I still have plenty of room for expansion, should I need (or desire) it.

Just a couple more items still to get and I'm ready to build this new PC, and I can't hardly wait. (This has been such a dragged out affair.)

SNCKrp.jpg

I would suggest if you have that many bays that you make a redundant self backing up system.  I have four hard drives in mine.  The main which only has the OS on it has a SSD drive for the buffer and the remaining two are for storing all my files and are mirror images.  I have had too many crashes.  All have been Seagate BTW so all my new stuff is WD.

Oh yes, backups will be routinely done. Not too long ago I had a 1TB external drive go belly up, and some of that data (approx 350GB), has never been replaced yet;... very annoying indeed.

As I'm going through the Hobbycraft F-105D kit, taking photos for my review, I discovered a complete Zotz sheet of decals, Eduard interior set and Eduard ejection seat detail set, as well as Fisher M&P wheels tucked away in a box within the box. I ran this by Zach, to make sure I wasn't taking unfair advantage, and he tells me he was aware of them all, so actually a much better deal for me than I had even originally believed. Good stuff indeed. Thanks, Zach, I truly appreciate it.

it and the kagero book are really all ya need, despite this I bought 3 others

Which 3, just out of curiosity? (Need is a word I don't frequently use when buying books, as I really don't need about 95% of those that I do buy.)

Stopped by my LHS (Wheels and Wings) today and they had a picture of themselves with Brett Green who had flown in for the recent Heritagecon model show. He came the shop the day after the show and apparently was nicely impressed by what they had.

The reason for my trip was some styrene strip for my B-25 and I ended up picking up some paint as well.

DSC_0330-L.jpg

DSC_0331-L.jpg

Both are new to me so I'll see how well they work.

Carl

Which 3, just out of curiosity? (Need is a word I don't frequently use when buying books, as I really don't need about 95% of those that I do buy.)

I'll have to look Kev, I really need to start cataloging my library as well

I'll have to look Kev, I really need to start cataloging my library as well

I cataloged mine for several years, but eventually failed to update it regularly, so I really have to just rely on memory, and that's a recipe for disaster.

i wont say that I've not bought the same book twice......or the same AM twice....

Yes, me too, and that's very frustrating, as there is so much more that I could spend the cash on that I do need (or really want). My most recent double was a boo boo that could have easily been avoided though. I purchased volume 13 of U-Boot im Focus for myself, but forgot to then remove it from my Amazon list, so somebody also bought it for me as a Christmas gift.