Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Bstarr3

  • Rank
    Senior Member
  • Birthday 09/11/1979

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Chapel Hill, NC

Recent Profile Visitors

1,078 profile views
  1. I actually won one of these in a contest sponsored by spraygunner.com. It's pretty cool, except since it's a generic knockoff airbrush, it's hard to find parts for. And since I knocked it off my desk and bent the needle badly, I haven't used it since. I liked it a lot while I had it though
  2. Civilian: Concorde Military: B-57 Hustler
  3. Just FYI. I emailed him yesterday to see if he was still sending out leftover stock or what. He is completely closed down and no longer filling orders. I guess you can get the glue from any retailers who have remaining stock, but the masks that he also sold on his website are no more.
  4. On the "Make the others jealous" thread, I always see a lot of 1/48 planes and tanks. But the "non-LSP" build section always seems pretty slow. So, where else do people post? Do you do build threads or RFIs on your tanks and smaller than lsp planes? I, for one, frequent Britmodeler, and also post on r/modelmakers, and occasionally on Instagram.
  5. I want to build Robin Olds's Scat XXVII, and would prefer the ZM kit to Academy, but can't find it anywhere, not even on eBay. Does anyone know where I can find one, or have one to sell or trade? Any ideas if they're planning to reissue them? Alternatively, what would I have to do to build a -J kit into a -C model? Thanks
  6. Agree with Ian Toll's trilogy, very comprehensive for the US Naval war. Also loved Carrier Pilot and Never Call Me a Hero as recommended above
  7. Here is a photo of mine. Plans posted above
  8. I made one a couple of years ago based on these plans: https://vent-works.com/blogs/the-ventilation-blog/15945741-diy-hobby-spray-booth It's been great. Big enough for a 1/32 Mosquito (just) but if I were to do any large scale bombers I'd probably have to do them in parts. For the stuff I do (1/32 WW2 fighters, 1/35 tanks, 1/700 ships, 1/48 jets) it's plenty big. Recently upgraded the lighting and built a flange to run my exhaust out my window, and I love it. I'll post some pics this evening.
  9. Since this seems to be a contest for second place behind the Spitfire, I'll through down another vote for the Folgore
  10. Only because I just moved into this space. Give it a month...
  11. The L-shaped drawers and the tool organizer both come from Laser Model Graver, a Ukrainian company. Stuff is made from nice quality laser cut plywood. Fit and finish is good. Not as many options as Hobby Zone, and don't have the neat magnet attachments between modules, but much much cheaper. I also ordered an assembly jig from them that I've yet to assemble. The rack the I've got my Vallejo paints in in the top corner is also from them.
  12. Main painting done on my Korean War M46. This is one of the famous tiger face Pattons from the 6th Tank Battalion, 27th Infantry Division in the early going on the Korean War. I'm making it as part of a diorama for my father in law, as his dad was a communications officer in the 6th. Only a couple WIP pics so far. First primered in black, then with main coat on. Really happy with how the masking went for the yellow, and the stripes are hand painted. And then, some shots of my new updated space. After a year of sweltering in the garage in NC, I finally got
  13. Thanks very much. Yes I love the VF-84 scheme. Whether on an F-4, F-14, or F-18, it looks fantastic! VF-111 Sundowners are the only fees who come close for me
  14. Thanks all for words of praise! It is now officially an award winning model, as I have been awarded "Most Creative" in a Mission Models/Spray gunner hosted Facebook contest! My first time entering anything for competition.
  • Create New...