Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Having seen K2's recent airliner thread, I realized that I havent ever built an airliner (I threw together a couple tiny airliners when I was a small lad, but i was only 9 or 10).

I also realized there are a few airliners out there I really liked the looks of.

I found this at the LHS for a good price. It's also my first EVER 1/144th kit:

20180426_171020-XL.jpg

I also found the ANZ decals I wanted for the "All Blacks" 777:

ANZ-All%20Blacks-X2.jpg

The Revell 777 is actually supposed to be a pretty cool kit, Brian. I had the Minicraft kit, and it was pretty nice too, as I recall. There are gobs and gobs of airliner decals out there as well, as you apparently discovered.

I believe the Revell 777 kit is re-boxing of the Zvezda kit, if I'm not mistaken.

Kev

It is. I read quite a few reviews and they all said exactly that. The Zvezda kit is supposed to have a mildly pebbly surface texture to the plastic, and the Revell follows suit exactly. Pretty neat kit, with separate fan blade parts that actually work. 

Having seen K2's recent airliner thread, I realized that I havent ever built an airliner (I threw together a couple tiny airliners when I was a small lad, but i was only 9 or 10).

I also realized there are a few airliners out there I really liked the looks of.

I found this at the LHS for a good price. It's also my first EVER 1/144th kit:

20180426_171020-XL.jpg

I also found the ANZ decals I wanted for the "All Blacks" 777:

ANZ-All%20Blacks-X2.jpg

What about ED FORCE ONE??????

It is. I read quite a few reviews and they all said exactly that. The Zvezda kit is supposed to have a mildly pebbly surface texture to the plastic, and the Revell follows suit exactly. Pretty neat kit, with separate fan blade parts that actually work. 

Yeah, I have the Zvezda kit (along with their 747-8), and it definitely has a slightly rough texture to the surface of the plastic.

I don't think Ed Force One ever appeared as a 777. The only ones I'm aware of are a 757, and the more recent 747-400 (which Revell actually released a kit of with the applicable markings, though AM decals are available).

Kev

Haha Danny, yeah they actually had the BOS tour 747 up at the LHS at the time I purchased the triple 7. I really wanted to do their Somewhere Back in Time tour 757, but they has no kit up there at the time, and as much as I like the 747, the scheme is all white on that one and not nearly as purty to me as the ANZ All Blacks scheme.

Maybe a 757 after I get the 777 under my belt!

Do you guys with the kit know how well the pass windows fit?

I assume I should just probably fill them and use the very nice window decals with the ABs decals?

Some of you guys may think I'm touched (and you may well be right), but I'm thrilled silly with this, a complete Dell R610 rack server, given to me by my friend, Shawn. Thanks, Shawn, you're truly a good man. I've been playing with it this morning, and it's pretty darned impressive, I must say.

gNIILU.jpg

all I see are detailing bits I could strip from it lol!

Glad you can use it Kev.

It's actually got some pretty cool guts already installed; (2) 717W  power supplies, (2) Intel Xeon quad core processors, (12) 2GB DDR3 RAM cards, (6) axial cooling fans and (2) 146GB SAS SSD's, plus a host of other goodies I haven't figured out yet.