Wingnut Wings - Large shipment and Meng

Peter Browne

1 hour ago, LSP_Mike said:

Sour grapes is what I'm hearing. WNW set the bar for 1/32 planes. So, guys are trying to get the WWI kits they want  before they are gone for an indeterminate time. Too bad so sad WNW does only WWI. 

naw, no sour grapes here.   We are just lamenting with friends online while staring into a glass of cold beer.  

I have all the WNW kits I want.  I am so happy for others to have the kits they want.  

4 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

Sour grapes is what I'm hearing. WNW set the bar for 1/32 planes. So, guys are trying to get the WWI kits they want  before they are gone for an indeterminate time. Too bad so sad WNW does only WWI. 

I don't understand where you are getting sour grapes from.  I don't see that in this thread at least. 

The HobbyTown USA in Kennesaw, GA, had some in when I was there a couple weeks back if someone wants to give them a ring and see:  

770-426-8800 

I don't recall exactly what they had but it seemed to be mostly the single-seat aircraft; don't remember seeing any large boxes. As I am a WWII snob I am not familiar with the WNW inventory beyond the Lancaster--which of course I am now SOL on. Looked to be around three dozen kits. Might be worth it to some of you.

48 minutes ago, Michael931080 said:

My only question and this is not to flair this into a heated debate is,

"Is this greed or are they actually going to build those kits?"

I rather suspect that it's primarily speculators.

43 minutes ago, Michael931080 said:

My only question and this is not to flair this into a heated debate is,

"Is this greed or are they actually going to build those kits?"

If that were the test, how many of us could buy another kit?  Most of us buy out of greed knowing we may never be able to build what we buy.  It just happens individuals buying wow kits are hoarding them to make money.  I find it hard to begrudge them as I have two on my shelf that I am now going to sit on a while.  

If speculation were not a factor, a purchase limit would not have been needed. I am sure there are many with 20, 30, 40+ WNW kits. Those that have that sort of kit stash might have acquired their kits with the intention of building, but have to be considering their options.