View from the Workbench...

Iain

Had a tidy of the workbench at home last week - and I can see what I'm doing again!

Light is perfect in the early evenings at this time of year - looking up the hill towards Chipping Norton.

It's a nice space to go and 'hide' - especially in the spring...

View is looking to the NNE - up the hill towards Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire.

Unfortunately I'd been moving a lot of kits, reference books and tools over to my new 'studio' over in Wing, Buckinghamshire, in the period up to going into 'lock-down' - and that's over 50 miles away - so having to work with what I have here.

Shared on FB last week - but thought it might be of interest here...

48b427_281ad07b558d47e4967af59e20ce9c66~

What are your views like?

Iain

The view looks perfect Iain, myself Im enjoing spring in Oslo, Norway. Last weekend I bought the Hobbyboss B- 24 Liborater and started to buy aftermarket kits for it. I have been reading your article about how you Are fixing the wing section for the kit and I must say that Im really  interested in you scale  drawings for the wings. At the moment Im working on a1/32 Hasegawa 109 k and a P 47 with Aires extras..So a B-24  to compare is fascinating. Best` Ketil

Iain, that is just lovely.  

I have moved from Southern California to Memphis back to California off to Singapore and finally back to California in the last five years.  The plan is to move to the Chattanooga Tennessee area this fall.  When I get settled, I will have a view like that.  I need trees four seasons and wild birds.  Can’t wait.  

The view you have is awesome.  I’m working on a bar top in my house at the moment.  So not suitable for this hobby of ours.  

My mancave faces west.  I don't have quite the views of open countryside you do, but it's not far off: the treeline you can see is where the A1 is (for those not in UK, a main North-South trunk route linking London and Edinburgh), and after that it's all open country.  But we do get some spectacular sunsets: this from last September.

WP-20190914-19-43-46-Pro.jpg

Edited by MikeC

This is my view looking south-east across our garden, we're slap back in the middle of the countryside at the end of a narrow lane and no neighbours! :rolleyes:  Very peaceful. B)

QvdzA5.jpg

and one looking back the other way:

rzqgaf.jpg

Plenty of activity always to distract me with bird life in particular including the all-to-frequent raiding sparrow hawk.

52 minutes ago, Stevepd said:

Well with that view I wouldn’t get any modelling done.

It's probably just as well that sunsets don't last that long, if they did then neither would I!

11 minutes ago, alaninaustria said:

Max, what a view! How old is your home? Looks to be a former country estate?

I love old buildings!

Cheers

Alan

17th century Alan, old massive oak beams. If you’re taller than 6’ you have problems! I’m 5’7” :)