Hobby boss A26B “Intruder” —> Modeling News

Rick Griewski

Like the look of the A-26. Have long wanted to make a firefighter water bomber. 

The behemoth '262 looks to be a scaled-up 1/32 Trumpeter Schwalbe, including the cockpit tube held in place in the wheel bay by big plastic tabs. But fixed, and detailed, it could be a very impressive model when finished, the perfect scale for mottled airbrush finishes. The one degree shortfall in sweep on each wing might also be fractionally more noticeable.

Thanks for the heads-up. If these do well who knows what Hobby Boss might bring next year?

Tony 

the 262 is worse than a 1/48 kit - it's not a kit as we would consider our current 1/32 offerings

looks like something from the 1980s at best

superdetailing canvas for the adventurous / skillful etc

but it's just a big toy in my view

i wish they had done 1/24 at least for the sake of uniformity

Not impressed with either offering...The A-26 will require lots of resin to make it actually look like an A-26 (if you know what your are looking for). Aftermarket will be happy I guess. The 262 looks like an option for the two seat version could be in the future. However, in that large a scale the lack of detail will make the thing look toy like (I agree with nmayhew). Probably a great canvas for those who like that sort of thing. Disappointed with the representation of the grooves for the leading edge slat (exactly like Trumpeter in 32nd). 

So, for me, two passes...

Mark Proulx

I don’t know what to make of the A-26, I know people are criticizing it, but it looks like a nicely detailed kit.  

For me the Me-262 is a whole different story, It looks like a 1/18 scale kit with less detail and quality than the Tamiya 1/48 kit.  I always heard the Trumpeter 1/32 was nice.  I would not touch the 1/18 kit under any circumstance from what I see.  

9 hours ago, Mark P said:

IMHO, FWIW, the New Tool Revell 32nd scale Me 262 has eclipsed the Trumpeter offering. Their representation of the leading edge slats and mechanisms are far superior.

Mark Proulx

I don't know, After seeing a couple of builds of it, and the fit problems they seem to have, I would take the Trumpy kit and its issues with mostly unseen wheel wells and lesser slats. Not to mention,the Revell single seater seems to be unobtainium these days.

Whether we like the HB approach or not, they sell sheds loads of kits to the 'general' modellers out there. 

They're after the 'mass market', and we, as concerned hobbyist's, probably come way low on their radar.

I now take the view that they're at the very least offering us a canvas with which to start, and now the brilliant AM and our skills will do the rest!

This hobby over the last few years has lifted off for us LSP'ers, personally I can't wait to get the tools heated up on these latest kits!!!   

We loves a good challenge! ;)

3 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Aiming the kit at the mass market is no excuse for exceptionally poor research and execution.  There is no excuse for the kind of egregious errors the B-26 kit has in it.  

It makes me wonder what they used for research in the first place. Because you're right, the egregious errors in the kit are numerous. Does it look like an A-26? Sure, only in the sense that it doesn't look like a B-17, a B-24, or anything else for that matter.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

I will get one - but only because it's a better start than the ID vac I was fighting - and I really love the Invader.

This is going to take a lot of effort and scratch-building to make something respectable - and I do always try to see the positive side...

Iain

On 4/9/2020 at 1:51 PM, Mark P said:

IMHO, FWIW, the New Tool Revell 32nd scale Me 262 has eclipsed the Trumpeter offering. Their representation of the leading edge slats and mechanisms are far superior.

Mark Proulx

If you can find the new 1/32nd scale Revell single seat Me262.  Everywhere I've checked, they're out of stock.

Just now, Juggernut said:

If you can find the new 1/32nd scale Revell single seat Me262.  Everywhere I've checked, they're out of stock.

Remember that giant container ship, that crashed into another container ship, sending dozens of units into the sea, where they sank?

Yeah every time this happens it is such a mixed feelings - one hand I am thrilled someone has tackled a 1/32 twin like the A-26 in a mass release injection moulded kit. On the other hand, they half-arsed it all the way and the fact that they did it makes it extremely unlikely any other manufacturer will ever do a better more accurate release, at least in my lifetime.