Jump to content
Dennis7423

New WnW @ Nationals (Chattanooga)

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Mark_C said:

 

I don't think they need the D.III to make a W.4.  It was based on the D.I, not the D.III.  Unless I misunderstood your point?

 

You are correct, of course.  That's what I get for not fact-checking my aged, spotty memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Given that WNW are also about to re -release an 80hp Le Rhone 9c, I'd guess that thius engine also powers the new kit.

 

Given the aircraft that flew this engine, my guess would be a Bristol Scout

 

or just possibly a Bristol M1, or yet more possibly a Nieuport 11?

 

 

 

Edited by 19squadron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 19squadron said:

Given that WNW are also about to re -release an 80hp Le Rhone 9c, I'd guess that thius engine also powers the new kit.

 

Given the aircraft that flew this engine, my guess would be a Bristol Scout

 

or just possibly a Bristol M1, or yet more possibly a Nieuport 11?

 

 

 

 

 

I think they're re-releasing it because of the new Pup re-release that's coming out.

 

 

 

Matt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe very creditable M1.Cs have already been released by Alley Cat and Special Hobbies, so I rather doubt WnW will also release one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that a Pfalz D.III behind the Pup? I sure would like to see a re-release of that. I know it wasn't the best plane of the war but it's a good looking plane and was built in fairly large numbers. Is there any relation between what they show in the background of the box art and future releases? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AlbertD said:

Is that a Pfalz D.III behind the Pup? I sure would like to see a re-release of that. I know it wasn't the best plane of the war but it's a good looking plane and was built in fairly large numbers. Is there any relation between what they show in the background of the box art and future releases? 

 

 

Wings too square in my opinion to be a Pfalz, rear edge of rudder leads elevators too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AlbertD said:

Is that a Pfalz D.III behind the Pup? I sure would like to see a re-release of that. I know it wasn't the best plane of the war but it's a good looking plane and was built in fairly large numbers. Is there any relation between what they show in the background of the box art and future releases? 

It’s an Albatros D.I - easy to tell from the later Albatros scouts because of the square wingtips. And no, there is no relation between box art and future releases, other than coincidence. The SE5a was one of their very first releases, and that had a Dr.I on the box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, vince14 said:

It’s an Albatros D.I - easy to tell from the later Albatros scouts because of the square wingtips. And no, there is no relation between box art and future releases, other than coincidence. The SE5a was one of their very first releases, and that had a Dr.I on the box.

Or an Albatros D.II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...