1/18 Fairey Firefly VX376

airscale

“Too Dangerous”?  YHGTBFKM………clearly a statement from “non-airplane” people. I hate this aspect of aircraft conservation. 

Last time I was at Duxford they had a late model Firefly in storage that was a target tug at some point. She was easily accessible, and appeared complete. You might try reaching out to them? 

I love this project. Your work is stellar. I am currently gathering references for a scratchbuild of my own of the Fairey Barracuda. You have inspired me to no end. 

Thanks, Peter.

THOR    :ph34r:

In American English “Too dangerous” means “Too much trouble.”  Isn’t there one of these flying in Canada somewhere?  Maybe one of the Canadian LSPers would volunteer to take a couple of tetragazillion bytes (or whatever they are called) worth of photos of it for you if all else fails.

Wonderful to see you back on this Peter,

I had a co-worker who’s father did maintenance on the Fireflys and Seafires during the war while serving in the Royal Canadian Navy. I had the pleasure of building a Seafire model for him many years ago. It was interesting to find out that he and many of his mates were sent to Grumman in New York to train on maintenance for the Hellcat. Canada had considered the Hellcat for our Navy before finally adopting the Seafury. I’ll have to see if I can find the photos I was given but none of them show the planes in great detail. 

Cheers,

Wolf