Let's get to know each other a little better. Show a photo of your

Jasta 14 addict

Hi, just want to share a picture of my second hobby. Road bike racing. I'm as passionate about this as with my scale modelling. And it's a nice alternative to the 'sedentary' work, I thinks its called, at the bench...

Here's an old 'selfie' (I think it was before the term really became popular?) It's from 2007 of me attempting to ride the 'Madonna di campiglio' climb, in the italian dolomites. (One of the most beautiful places in the world)

Madonna%20di%20Campiglio%202007_zps2lkz8

Allthough I'm absolutely no 'mountain' climber in stature, its my no one passion 'collecting' these climbs and over the years, I have done most of the climbs of the tour de France and the Giro d'Italia + Many of the classics in Belgium and the Nederlands, fx Paris-Roubaix and Tour of Flanders. (Pffft - Show off  :mental:)

Regards: Kent

What a gorgeous picture! I'm a roadie as well and you are living my fantasy!

Cycling is my first love and will always be, but I live in a Country/culture where it's just something "kids do".

I'm am truly envious!

• 3 weeks later...

144_3.jpg

Hi guys, Beany here - I've just joined after being a long time lurker (I thought I was already a member!). I've been making LSPs since the 70's

when the income from my paper round as a teenager meant I could afford the lovely old Revell 1/32nd planes, and I'm still building them to

this day, along with more exotic fare from the likes of Trumpeter and Special Hobby etc.

The "hero shot" from the Mustang "Ground School" at Vintage Wings of Canada yesterday, an early Father's Day present from my three children. It was an amazing day, full of technical detail from the people who fly and maintain her, with lots of history and finished with a start and run-up of the Merlin. They had planned to fly her but found a cut in the tailwheel and didn't want to risk a blow-out on landing. I am still giggling like a kid a day later.

IMG_3478_zpssbtm5urd.jpg

Thanks Mike, it was an amazing all-day session. The technical information they presented was extensive, all the systems (hydraulic, electrical, oil, cooling, engine), the flight controls and flying characteristics and a bit of history of the type in RCAF service, including the history of that particular plane. We got to sit in the cockpit for a good 15 to 20 minutes while one of the current pilots went over the location of all the controls and instruments, and showed us the procedures. At the end they fired her up and let that Merlin sing!

I've been in love with the Mustang since I was a kid ( a looong time ago ) and I learned so much and got a real sense of the airplane. It was like learning fascinating new things about an old friend. Well worth the money...and we got lunch and a copy of the 1952 RCAF pilot's manual as well.

Thanks guys.

Yesterday I walked a distance that took 40 minutes! :D

I do love my niece. Whenever things got really bad when I was living in hospital, I thought of her and my nephew.

Today it is 11/06/17. I did not expect to see this date.

It's actually been a good week. For example, the other day I got caught in a heavy storm. My shoes got soaked. I could feel that my feet were wet! I was so happy. :D

When I joined this site I couldn't write my name, had zero sensation in my hands. Now just over 12 months later I reckon 30% of sensation has returned to my hands and now I can feel it when my feet are wet. :)

Every day when I wake up is a win. :)

You poor sods have had to put up with me when I was bonkers. I am very grateful for your patience. :)