Let's get to know each other a little better. Show a photo of your

Jasta 14 addict

I was raised in Gettysburg and have a BS degree in Graphic Arts from La Roche College (Pittsburgh, PA) and MBA in International Business from Virginia Tech.  I spent over twenty years in the printing and publishing business then moved to history/geography curriculum education sales for 7 years.  Been a stay at home Dad since 2011 and am loving this opportunity to spend time with my kids.  Besides a continued effort to be the coolest Dad in the neighborhood I volunteer at my kids schools as well as the NASM.

PopRickWWIIMem2004.jpg

Very fortunate to take my Dad to the WWII Memorial before he passed away.  Pop served in the USN 44-46 as radioman on the USS Saranac AO74 a fleet oiler with 58th Task Force, 3rd and 5th fleets.

1909683_530250596453_5659_n.jpg

My wife and I on the road in Maryland countryside.  We just celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary and we are blessed with two healthy kids.  She's into long distance running and occasional bike rides.  I was all about multisport with over 40 triathlons under my belt.  My wife continues to run with a great group of runners.  My running days are over and I am slowly getting my game back after dealing with an ACL tear and arthritis in both knees resulting in total replacements, left '14, right '16.  Currently rehabbing and getting my gym and pool rat status back on track.

020115_RickSueNYC_Ridgewedding.01_1.jpg

BenchOperationalStatus.jpg

My bench.  I built this configuration a few years ago.  Since I have added a few more paint racks and acquired about 2 dozen MRP colors.  Bench time is a premium these days.  It continues to be my therapy.  My son is taking an interest in building models and I have a blast coaching

23_Oct_Ho22901.jpg

Ho229 being prepped at the Silver Hill facility for transportation to the restoration hanger at Udvar Hazy Center.

Edited by Rick K

A bit about me:

I was born and raised outside of Chicago.  Went to Embry Riddle in Daytona from 2000-2005.  Since then I've lived/worked in Jax, FL, Kuwait  and now live in Fredericksburg, VA and work at NAS Pax River for a base operations support contractor as a Safety and Health Officer.  

Here is myself and my 2 best friends from college in front of the F-35. I'm on the left. 

48b6f006-f6b1-419e-9368-28c409f7a336_zps

I recently got married too.  

85157a09-90f4-4098-b3db-01f5e0e1863f_zps

Here is me and 2 best friends from college in front of the F-35. I'm on the left. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just want to share a picture of my second hobby. Road bike racing. I'm as passionate about this as with my scale modelling. And it's a nice alternative to the 'sedentary' work, I thinks its called, at the bench...

Here's an old 'selfie' (I think it was before the term really became popular?) It's from 2007 of me attempting to ride the 'Madonna di campiglio' climb, in the italian dolomites. (One of the most beautiful places in the world)

Allthough I'm absolutely no 'mountain' climber in stature, its my no one passion 'collecting' these climbs and over the years, I have done most of the climbs of the tour de France and the Giro d'Italia + Many of the classics in Belgium and the Nederlands, fx Paris-Roubaix and Tour of Flanders. (Pffft - Show off  :mental:)

Regards: Kent

Edited by kkarlsen

Past weekend , Trieste, Italy, in front of closed "TOM HOBBY" store, scale modelling icon  for all ex Yugoslavia modellers, imperative models supplier in 1980's-1990's. Visited this location from pure nostalgic reasons.

NOGytyk.jpg

Just a quick jump from Kranj-Slovenia, "Svet v malem" modelling contest and modell festival.

http://www.svm.si/reportaza-11-festival-svet-v-malem/