Poll: Any Interest in a 1/32 F-22?

LSP_Kevin

Any interest in a 1/32 F-22?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Any interest in a 1/32 F-22?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Not I ... F-22s and F-35s, purely in my biased and unreliable opinion, have very plain colouring and no weathering, and so they're hard (at least at my skill level) to make into an interesting model. There are many who frequent this site who could show you exactly how wrong I am - but I know I couldn't do it, so you can count me out.

Cheers

Jim

Time to update your eyeglass prescription my friend!

f22-raptor-1600x1200.jpg

What?  Offer a kit of the most advanced dog fighter the planet has ever seen?

No!  Can't have that!

How about obscurity _____ instead?

You know, the one that has been kicked around in kit form for the last 30 years in various scales.

That's much more interesting than something fresh, new, and current!

Well, such stealth planes are technology marvels but they have generally plain schemes and are aesthetically debatable... Last, depicting correctly the RAM paint is far from being easy.

I have nothing against a LSP release of stealth planes but there are so many older iconic planes that deserve release that I do not hold my breath for getting a F-22 or a F-35. Bring us first a Voodoo or a Six... THEY are not obscure!

Is the resuscitation of this thread purely random?

I don't see anyone making a kit of this aircraft with the exception of Hobbyco-Revell, on the heels of its F/A-18E (and F/G?)

Italeri are doing the F-35, complete with 1/32 tools to cut holes in the wing and a 3.5g limit.

Tony

edited to remove a comma

Edited by Tony T

I've seen it perform at a few airshows now, and it is a breathtakingly impressive aircraft. But...for some reason it just doesn't appeal to me at all as a modelling subject.

That being said, I think it would probably sell very well if it was kitted...just not to me. For those that want one I hope it happens.

Richard

Guys,  please excuse my ignorance, I would like to know something. Is there any possibility that F-22 will be ever exported? To my knowledge the export of 22's is banned.   It would be nice to see some more ( Israelish, JDF ) colours on it etc. 

Guys,  please excuse my ignorance, I would like to know something. Is there any possibility that F-22 will be ever exported? To my knowledge the export of 22's is banned.   It would be nice to see some more ( Israelish, JDF ) colours on it etc.

You are right: export was forbidden by the Congress. Moreover, the production line has been dismantled.

Howdy folks,

A manufacturer, who wishes to remain anonymous, has asked me to run this one up the flag pole (er, poll) for them. If you're definitely interested, select "Yes", if you're definitely not interested, select "No", and if you're undecided until there are more details, select "Maybe".

Go!

Kev

Give me a Pak 50 please.

I find modern American jets lack character. I lost interest after the F104.