1/32 Trumpeter EE Lightning F.Mk.6 XS904

Derek B

On 5/20/2023 at 10:15 PM, Troy Molitor said:

Love it.  What a cracking build going on here Derek. Thanks for sharing this with us.   :popcorn:

Thanks Troy - more updates when I return from holidays in a couple of weeks (which I have alrady done on FaceBook (FB) just before I started my holidays for those who can't wait!). :)

Derek 

Edited by Derek B

• 3 weeks later...

Both tailplanes completed and details added.

peYaw1Y.jpg

J2RpFDJ.jpg

LrECIqU.jpg

Wing root closing fairings added.

DcKd5af.jpg

h64fNK0.jpg

HZ3dgKY.jpg

EGNGr81.jpg

maEbBSa.jpg

TE2JWjg.jpg

Meanwhile, a start was made on modifying the main undercarriage legs (shortened, on my model, by 5 mm in order to obtain the correct wheel position/stance).

gVgGlbr.jpg

jgSQin7.jpg

I1DrNsR.jpg

AlWOQCa.jpg

RRNCVnK.jpg

ZxVn1fn.jpg

The undercarriage door also required shortening by 3.5 mm (not ideal, but necessary). For some strange reason, Trumpeter have arranged the design of the door to be mounted on the main leg at a very odd angle! (This will also have to be sorted out).

uHLpm2u.jpg

Rd8PSHm.jpg

qSpohyS.jpg

One very simple, but effective, improvement is to drill and open out the wheel hub lightness/cooling holes (I also created the inflation valve cut out on one of the holes).

TN8IIMP.jpg

xodsAKJ.jpg

Derek

Thanks for the update Derek absolute lovely work so far and a brilliant how to dress up the kit.

I cant wait till you paint this beauty all up it's going to be one epic model, one to be proud off!

Way to stick with it and endure till the end which looks like its almost there! So hatt's off to you sir!

Cheers Fred

2 hours ago, stusbke said:

Thanks for the update Derek absolute lovely work so far and a brilliant how to dress up the kit.

I cant wait till you paint this beauty all up it's going to be one epic model, one to be proud off!

Way to stick with it and endure till the end which looks like its almost there! So hatt's off to you sir!

Cheers Fred

Thank you Fred - you are right, I hope that it will come out OK in the end, but unfortunately, it will not be for me, as I am making this model for a friend.

You are also correct about sticking with it, as there is so much needed to make it a half decent model, so thank you for your kind comments.

Cheers

Derek

• 2 weeks later...

Brake units. Once the wheel hub lightness and cooling holes have been opened, there is quite an open internal space visible. On the full size aircraft, this void is filled with a brake unit (the ribbed cone-shaped brake unit thrust plate being most noticeable through the holes). Therefore, I have fashioned a pair of wheel brake units from plastic card.

23sMAcP.jpg

KpMmmez.jpg

pTiyO1U.jpg

tzTLfGo.jpg

LEeYXpQ.jpg

olji19v.jpg

BTdtQMz.jpg

TKFOpRj.jpg

TTg1nTE.jpg

sHZ1SMj.jpg

mZlO9SR.jpg

Derek