Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

10 hours ago, mpk said:

I needed pigment. Happily the bar where my band plays is close to the local art store. After a full day dealing with airbrushing, applying chalks and pigments, I combined the two. 

"Would you like margaritas with your pigments?"

Yes please. :thumbsup:

pyD0Cn.jpg

Margaritas! Now I am truly jealous! :ninja:

The bars here in Germany have been closed for months now, and no end of the lockdown in sight :(

Feeling so blue... :tumble:

- dutik

We are lucky in Australia, or rather, here in New South Wales. As far as I can tell, our state government has reacted swiftly when faced with an outbreak. Very quickly they enforce a lock down. One can be charged if when riding public transport without a mask.

Only one lock down has affected ma person I know, when a gig had to be cancelled due to an outbreak on the northen beaches.  That outbreak has since been quashed.

I was shocked to learn recently that there was no plan since Covid began in America. Having come to know many doctors and nurses, my heart went out to those in America.

A dear friend in London has much to say about Britain's problems.

Wishing you dutik, and everyone else here my sincere best wishes.

This one is a kit i never thought i would be getting. but landed on a sweet deal and could not resist, (although Canadian customs decided the deal was too good and sprinkled love tax love) 

Trumperter 1/32 F-14D with some Aires goodies. 

the only thing im considering adding are the Zactomodel Blatter's, i would love the intakes but that's just too much $ for me

Saying its a big box is an understatement! but the good new is i dry fitted the main fuselage in my display case and im pretty sure it will fit in the wing folded position :) 

pI1Q8Wv.jpg

Received a couple of pieces in the mail for my next project.

SHERMAN-M4-TANK-TECHNICAL-MANUAL-BOOK-Crew-Training-WWII-TM-9-759

Tech Manual.

SOL-Model-1-16-Shurman-M4A3E8-Turret-Set

M4A3E8 turret, SOL Model.

s-l1600.jpg

My boyfriend Brad Pitt, Life Miniatures.

s-l1600.jpg

Decals.

1/16 scale Browning 1919A4 30cal machine gun 3d printed 

1/16 30 cal' MG vehicle mount. in Smooth Fine Detail Plastic

1919A4 30 cal. MG, Vehicle Mount, Warren Hudson, Shapeways.

.30 CAL Belt 1:16 3d printed

.30 cal. belt, MMC Design, Shapeways.

Sincerely,

Mark

In my ongoing attempt to replace my paperback Squadron books with their hardbound equivalents, I recently made a good deal for this book. The real irony here, is that I had just bough this exact same book several weeks ago, during a Squadron book blowout sale, prior to their doors closing. My roommate got the paperback version.

CNEvsf.jpg

On 2/11/2021 at 4:38 PM, dodgem37 said:

SOL-Model-1-16-Shurman-M4A3E8-Turret-Set

M4A3E8 turret, SOL Model.

Sincerely,

Mark

So which 1/16th kit are you going to convert? 

I actually have SOL's complete resin M4A3E8 kit; it looks really nice.

Also, was lucky enough to see the real Fury - as well as Tiger 134 - at Bovington. Incredible museum.

'Nice stuff there, Mark, real nice.'

Thank you, Kevin.

'That movie gave me shingles and haemorrhoids.'

I will be sure to not put you through the same.

'So which 1/16th kit are you going to convert?'

Tamiya 1/16 M4 Howitzer.

'I actually have SOL's complete resin M4A3E8 kit; it looks really nice.'

Covetingly so.  If I hadn't gotten such a bargain with the Tamiya kit, ($100.00 on eBay.  Yes, one can occasionally find a bargain) I would have gotten theirs.

'Also, was lucky enough to see the real Fury - as well as Tiger 134 - at Bovington. Incredible museum.'

Lucky indeed.  Missed Bovington the (only) time I was in England.  Been to Yad La-Shiryon (Latrun) over the years, though.  3 or 4 times, I think.  IDF is my primary armor interest.  Fury and German are on the side.  After I finish painting my Shelf of Doom (2 aircraft, one PT boat) and building CVN-65 circa 1963 for my dad, I'll be going back to armor.

Sincerely,

Mark

Just received a Sprue brothers order

i spotted the iron maiden spitfire and could not resist to get it since its one of SWMBO favorite band.! 

the other item are the Ink Squirts  decals, saw a build of this a while back on LSP and told myself i had to build one. 

Ive been fighting the temptation to get a 1/32 B-25, well this is going to make it harder! Let see if i can find a second hand one 

jkKaBoa.jpg

You probably don't want to hear, but I shipped three large boxes of Star Trek kits along with many resin variants and conversions to my nephew. That was one one of them, plus another with a resin conversion to a variant. Amazing how much is out there. I just kept a box of TOS kits.