Jan_K

New 1/32 Tempest - master photos

A bit rude, really.......

And I thought you couldn't polish a tu*d, but you seem to think you have, therefore it couldn't have been a tu*d.

QED

Tim

I agree.

I have the PCM kit, and I am partway through it.  It is not a piece of crap.  While not perfect, it is actually quite good.  After all my years whining about a 1/32 Tempest, I am not going to nit-pick one that is good, and is actually available on the market.

I haven't completely figured out how I am going to get the cockpit assembly into the fuselage, but I am sure I will manage to do so.

The PCM kit is pure CRAP for the price I paid for it, it was the first PCM kit I had built and so far the last altho IT was a TEMPEST and I had to have it alot of long and flustrating work went into that kit but I must say it did come out rathert nice.

Paul

I politely disagree!! The PCM Tempest is an outstanding kit of a very interesting aviation subject! The kit requires some patience, and some skill to plan, build and finish! It is NOT as you describe it!!! It is exactly the kind of kit I enjoy building - it can be what ever you want it to be... highly detailed and weathered or built right out of the box! You can visit my build here: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=51864

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

Totally agree with Alan and Bryan. I too have the kit, and its NOT a POS by any means. it is exactly as Alan describes, a good kit OOB with some patience, and has the ability to get turned into anything you want, including the basis for a super detailed build. 

Im not sure what Paul did during the build, but I have test fit the whole kit, and for the price its not a bad value at all. I also have 2 of the PCM Hurries, and they fit similarly, although with no alighment pins, the kits take a bit of planning and patience to build.

No kit is perfect, and the PCM Tempest is actually a great kit IMHO, and as evident by many builds including Alans above, it can be turned into a real stunner.

Ken, When I bought this kit and the price I paid for it I expected much more qualty  in the product then I got not only did I have warped wings and fuseage but HEtLL I've had more detail on the old Arura kits I used to built as a kid. YES KEN TO BLOW MY OWN HORN I AM A HELL OF A MODEL BUILDER given enough time I CAN make a turd shine like a new penny. :innocent:

Paul

PS I have since bought and built two more of those pieces of crap NOW that I know what to expect

When I think of a POS kit, the PCM Tempest is not anywhere NEAR the likes of the Trumpy Mig-15, or the Battle Axe D VIII both of which almost got stored in the circular file.

I cant recall a time in my life ever that I purchased something, railed about how much of a POS it was, then turned around and bought two more. Kind of more than a tad contradictory if the kit is as much of a horrible value as you seem to think it was.

At some point we need to add a 'dislike' button!!!!

Paul,

Ken (PCM) has brought us some exotic aircraft subjects to our scale and for that I am extremely happy! The PCM kits are pretty neat, they have helped me become a more patient modeler and to learn new techniques and to expand my inventory of skills.... I am saddened that you refer to them as you do... But, that's you right I guess.... Just not something I would do on a public forum. I have asked Ken a few times for replacement parts and I've even offered to pay for them... each time the (free - yes, no charge to me the customer!!) parts showed up via post with a note thanking me for buying their product and wishing me much enjoyment with my kit(s).... That is customer service!!!

On that note, I will be purchasing one of the upcoming MPM Tempest kits as I really want to build the Tempest Mk II - radial engine version!

I wish everybody lots of enjoyment and satisfaction with their Tempest kits.... :) come to think of it, I will be getting one more PCM Tempest kit too!!

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

Well, seems that lot's of folks out there like the PCM kit, as I found it Out Of Stock. With the build I saw in person (well built at the Seattle show) and what I see in the box here, a very nice kit. The price is right, and Customer service (if needed) top notch.

Like to get the Mk.II as well, but still glad someone made a 1/32 Tempest!

Right folks - lets cool it eh?

Paul - would be appreciated if you could rein in the hyperbole a little please.

Iain

And cut the caps lock please. You can express your disapointment, even with some 'flowery' wording, but yelling it might be over the top ...

Hubert

And cut the caps lock please. You can express your disapointment, even with some 'flowery' wording, but yelling it might be over the top ...

Hubert

Agreed. Some basic attention to grammar and punctuation would facilitate proper communication as well.

I've purchased most of the PCM kits over the years, and I must say I'm very happy to have them. Thanks to PCM for producing many subjects not otherwise available in 1/32 scale.

If you have defective parts, then by all mean request replacements. But isolated parts defects do not make a kit 'crap'.

Has there ever been any kit that someone, somewhere hasn't moaned about?

Not that I know of. Every kit somehow has some terrible flaws that someone has to moan about. Some people aren't happy unless they're complaining though

Matt  :frantic:

A bit rude, really.......

And I thought you couldn't polish a tu*d, but you seem to think you have, therefore it couldn't have been a tu*d.

QED

Given enough time I can even make a turd shine like a brard new shinny DIME

Paul

Hi Guys,

Changing the subject ever so slightly, I got an email advert from PCM last night saying they are considering doing another run of their Tempest. So that's my Christmas money all gone then!

Yes, it's a difficult kit but it has it's good points. Excellent resin and etch and decals, great support from Ken Lawrence. So it suffers from a lack of location points? So what? It's like driving prior to GPS, you still got there in the end.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby