Tamiya's big Spit

Wolf Buddee

Well...really don't know..looks alright I guess,hmmm,but there's no holding springs on the door latch pins.and the crash bar has "way" too much shine to it.

Sad thing to see a modeler, as he he gets on in years start to slip a bit here and there,but have experienced this myself to a much lesser degree and can fully sympathize.

Bwahahahaha.Ya,,,I like it. Wolf...I like all of it.keep it up. :speak_cool:

Edited by williamj

"but have experienced this myself to a much lesser degree and can fully sympathise."...yup Bill...just now this is starting to happen,eh? :deadhorse:

Eh...comes and goes,along with my bodily functions.

Thanks Anthony, I managed a little time at the bench today and I got some work done on the radiator housing flaps. I added rivet detail to the flaps, added support braces, and added the attachment lugs for the linkage rods. I also managed to figure out how to make the actuator arms that the linkage rods attach to within the radiator fairings. One is done, one to go. Port and starboard actuator arms are different and I've managed to get the port side done which is the trickier of the two as it had an offset bend to it. Here's the flaps before painting. Using the MDC riveting tool takes a little practice and this was my first attempt at using it. My "rivets" turned out fairly well but not perfect in some instances. The lucky thing is that this will be hard to see with the flaps attached to the radiator fairings but it will be evident enough that rivet detail has been added. I got the flaps painted and weathered with washes today and I should have more pics within the next couple of days with the completed assemblies.

Cheers,

Wolf

Copyofradshutters1.jpg

radshutters2.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Well...really don't know..looks alright I guess,hmmm,but there's no holding springs on the door latch pins.and the crash bar has "way" too much shine to it.

Sad thing to see a modeler, as he he gets on in years start to slip a bit here and there,but have experienced this myself to a much lesser degree and can fully sympathize.

Bwahahahaha.Ya,,,I like it.

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

I made a little headway on the big Spit today and managed to get, for the most part, the actuators and linkage assemblies for the radiator flaps done. All the bits and pieces have been scratch-built with the linkage rods themselves being made up of 11 separate pieces including one small photo-etch nut. And I thought 1/32nd scale was going to be easier 'cause it bigger and easier to see!mental.gif The pics should be self explanatory showing all the stuff I've added. I didn't bother to fill the ejector pin marks on the the inside surface of the housings as they'll be impossible to see once the housings are in place. I'm glad that this part is now pretty much done and it's time to move on and tackle the engine assembly!yahoo.gif

As always, comments and critique are welcome.

Cheers,

Wolf

Copyofradshutters1.jpg

radflap1.jpg

radflaps1.jpg

radflap2.jpg

radflap3.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Hi Wolf,

I have beem whatching :popcorn: what you are doing with this Spitfire and all I can say is :wow: :wow: :yahoo: :wow: (just wish they would come out with a 1:24 scale)

I have not got around to painting my Hurricane yet but I hope I can come 5% of what I see here.

The detail is fantastic and very life like.

Richard

Hi Wolf,

I have beem whatching :popcorn: what you are doing with this Spitfire and all I can say is :wow: :wow: :yahoo: :wow: (just wish they would come out with a 1:24 scale)

I have not got around to painting my Hurricane yet but I hope I can come 5% of what I see here.

The detail is fantastic and very life like.

Richard

Thank-you Richard! Very kind words indeed! I'm sure your Hurricane will turn out brilliantly and I look forward to seeing it!

Cheers,

Wolf

Good God, Wolf. That is, without exception, excellent. I particularly like how you punched out the fasteners for the braces. I would not have thought having them there would make that much of a difference. But they do. And, using 2 different sized fasteners in the attachment area. Really nice detail work. You have a way with paint that is envious.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hello Wolf.

WOW! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

INcredible detailling job.

You took pictures of the real thing, no?

Wonderfull.

Cheers,

Jamme

Now wouldn't that be nice, I mean having a real Spitfire to take pictures of. Then I wouldn't have to rip my hair out tryin' to figure out all the wiring and plumbing for the engine. Thanks for the kind words Jamme!

Cheers,

Wolf

Really nice "Tiddly Bits" Wolf...

It is in the details, and yours are POPPIN in this build :D ..Hey!you might not go back to 48th.

Whoa Bill, I had to check to see what photos I posted! You mentioned my tiddly bits and..........you knowblush.gif

Thanks for the compliments Bill, always a pleasure hearing from you. How's the Sabre coming along?

Cheers,

Wolf