Tamiya's big Spit

Wolf Buddee

Wolf,

What type of hardware did you use to fashion the copper piping?

This is an awesome build. Something to aspire to.

Kind regards,

Jim

Jim, the copper piping is injection styrene bits supplied in the kit. It was cleaned up to remove any mould seam lines, primed with Tamiya's fine white primer and then sprayed with Alclad II Copper. There was no special crafting at all.

Cheers,

Wolf

OMG! What a beautiful engine. Those silver rivets against the brown leather boundary stips against the green framing are just great. Fantastic color contrast, mate!

Sincerely,

Mark

Wolf...when I grow up, I want to be able to paint just like you.

Simply beautiful.

Regards,

Pete

Oh yeah, well I'm grown up and I'll never be able to build like you my friend so I take your comment as quite a compliment!

Cheers,

Wolf

OMG! What a beautiful engine. Those silver rivets against the brown leather boundary stips against the green framing are just great. Fantastic color contrast, mate!

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark! I was worried that the contrast might be too much but I'm hoping that with everything in place it'll only add to the "business" of the whole engine compartment assembly and add some visual interest.

Cheers,

Wolf

Keep it going Wolf...I know you will do the airframe justice,but the Merlin is popping,will be a model on it's own. :speak_cool:

Very much like the look of the chaff strips.cheers.

Thanks Bill. Keeping it going is the operative phrase here my friend. ADD can be a terrible thing and sometimes I really have to push myself to maintain the commitment level this build demands. Still havin' fun though and that's the part that keeps me goin'

By the way, you know of anyone who wants to buy a whole bunch of 1/48 scale kits?rolleyes.gif Damn 1/32nd scale 's startin' to get fun and don't even get me started on the WnW kits. Now they're startin' to collect in the basement. Sheesh!!!

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf my friend, your build is awesome, really professional and inspiring. Keep up the beautiful work :goodjob: :goodjob:

John

Thank-you John! I was just looking at your work on this beautiful kit and I'm inspired by your work as well. Life has been very busy lately and little time for modelling but keep posting your pics and I'll be back in the saddle real soon.

Cheers,

Wolf

• 3 weeks later...
From a personal perspective, if ever there was a kit that you were building for yourself, this is the one to spend the extra time on and add stuff as you see fit. Truly a remarkable kit from Tamiya!

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf,

Well...from my personal perspective, I think that the new 1/32 P-51D is the

better kit! That's the one for me! Has guns, mostly the same engine,

working flying surfaces (okay, kinda gimmicky, but I'll still build it that way),

although I am just now starting my Spit Mk IX.

I am absolutely amazed at your build, Wolf! Looking forward to

more updates.

Have a great weekend!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...