Tamiya's big Spit

Wolf Buddee

Good God, Wolf. That is, without exception, excellent. I particularly like how you punched out the fasteners for the braces. I would not have thought having them there would make that much of a difference. But they do. And, using 2 different sized fasteners in the attachment area. Really nice detail work. You have a way with paint that is envious.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark. There are a number of tools that I've invested in over the course of years building models and my Waldron sub-miniature punch and die set next to the ol' airbrush is the best investment I've ever made. There is so much I couldn't do without it. I have both the standard and the sub-miniature set and I use the small one way more.

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf between you and Jamie I am having to expand my hard drive. This is simply great stuff and educaional as well. I am learning so much and hope to use some if it to good measure when I finally break out my Mk VIII and Mk IX "some time" down the track.

Keep the good work coming!! :popcorn:

Regards,

Kent

I have both the standard and the sub-miniature set and I use the small one way more.

That's actually good to know Wolf. I could only choose one at the time I bought mine, so I went with the standard set. I guess I'll be saving for the sub-miniature set now!

Kev

Wolf between you and Jamie I am having to expand my hard drive. This is simply great stuff and educaional as well. I am learning so much and hope to use some if it to good measure when I finally break out my Mk VIII and Mk IX "some time" down the track.

Keep the good work coming!! :popcorn:

Regards,

Kent

Thanks Kent! I'm hoping to get the Mk VIII kit sometime soon. I really want to do the RAAF version with the shark mouth. Somehow the shark mouth looks so right on a Spitfire.

Cheers,

Wolf

That's actually good to know Wolf. I could only choose one at the time I bought mine, so I went with the standard set. I guess I'll be saving for the sub-miniature set now!

Kev

When I originally bought my set, Waldron only had the standard set available. Later when they released the sub-miniature set it was a no-brainer for me to buy it as well. As I was building exclusively 1/48 then the small set was a god-send. Now in 1/32nd it offers me an even wider range of use. Yu certainly will not regret the purchase.

Cheers,

Wolf

Whoa Bill, I had to check to see what photos I posted! You mentioned my tiddly bits and..........you knowblush.gif

Thanks for the compliments Bill, always a pleasure hearing from you. How's the Sabre coming along?

Cheers,

Wolf

LOL....The Sabre is on hold for a while Wolf..because...

I am building a fly rod at the moment,long promised for a close friend (the other hobby) 9ft 5wt. And you know how some builders post pics of their cats lying on the bench or the stash,or the dog as a helper?

well this is my little helper, "Elsie" the T Rex .She has an articulated jaw and holds my tweezers,knife,pencil etc with a deathly grip.And here's a remarkable coincidence, she has the same name as my wife's mother.it really is a small world isn't it? Cheers.

DSCF3577.jpg

DSCF3575.jpg

Edited by williamj

...I really want to do the RAAF version with the shark mouth. Somehow the shark mouth looks so right on a Spitfire.

Cheers,

Wolf

That's the Mk VIII I will be doing (being an Aussie was there a doubt?) You're right, the shark mouth looks so right on a Spitfire!!

Regards,

Kent

Edited by Kahunaminor

Hi Wolf,

don't know if,

1. you've seen these?

2. if there any use?

But good reference to a newly refurbished Spitfire Mk.XI

copyright TJJ

http://www.britmodel...pic=65111&st=20

Best regards,

Paul

Thank-you very much Paul! thumbsup.gif No I hadn't seen those. Judging from the pics this aircraft (engine compartment wise) seems to be the closest to the configuration Tamiya provide in their kit. Most other restorations seem to use the later intercooler style and the intercooler tank on the firewall has been removed. Very nice pics indeed Paul! Boy, what I wouldn't give to seer that in person. That'd answer a lot of questions regarding plumbing and wiring.

Cheers,

Wolf

well this is my little helper, "Elsie" the T Rex .{...}.And here's a remarkable coincidence, she has the same name as my wife's mother.it really is a small world isn't it?

Does she know ? .. you live a dangerous life Wolf ! :lol:

A pity you take this kind of death wishes, because this is (was ?:rolleyes: ) a great build ! :clap2:

Hubert.

Does she know ? .. you live a dangerous life Wolf ! :lol:

A pity you take this kind of death wishes, because this is (was ?:rolleyes: ) a great build ! :clap2:

Hubert.

Hubert..that was my post..just being silly as usual,sorry.

PS..I believe Wolf has a good relationship with his M I L. Beside his detailing and painting, just something else I'm jealous of.

Hubert..that was my post..just being silly as usual,sorry.

PS..I believe Wolf has a good relationship with his M I L. Beside his detailing and painting, just something else I'm jealous of.

Oops ! Sorry Wolf (and your MiL) and sorry William for not reading properly the poster's name !

Hubert the distracted

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing build Bud! I read you used a generic F4 stencil decalsl set to make up the various bits of writing found in and on the spit. Would you mind sharing what set you found best for this?

Also, your metallic bits look great. I think I read you were using a blend of citadel paints metallic range. Is this correct and if so, are they enamels ot water based? How do you apply them, airbrush or by hand?

I'm really looking forward to the next update, Chuck.