Tamiya's big Spit

Wolf Buddee

Thanks Dave, that's much appreciated. The one thing I could really use is more time but that's something you're not going to be able to help me with unfortunately. Seein' the Roadrunner would be nice though. What colour is it?

Cheers,

Wolf

Talking about the trip to Seattle, what about a road trip ?:party0023: , with some beer breaks and the necessary airplane/car talk.I can pull out my humble 302(not as nice as 70 s Roadrunner, but it makes cool noise):punk:

,???

well just an idea... :closedeyes:

Actually it will be just as nice if not a little better. I have the test shot sprues in my hand as we speak. I'm really glad they started with the "B" first!evil_laugh.gifrolleyes.gif

Cheers,

Wolf

Yeah, not April 1st yet Wolf, so you're a couple weeks to early ;)

Talking about the trip to Seattle, what about a road trip ?:party0023: , with some beer breaks and the necessary airplane/car talk.I can pull out my humble 302(not as nice as 70 s Roadrunner, but it makes cool noise):punk:

,???

well just an idea... :closedeyes:

Not a bad idea but I can't commit myself to anything just yet. I would really like to go down but it all depends on how my month goes at work. Strictly commission pay you know.crying.gif

Cheers,

Wolf

Just in case anyone was wondering if the BarracudaCast entry door was worth the purchase price...............thumbsup.gif

Spitfireentrydoor.jpg

You be the judge but I know where I stand,....... worth every penny! The crowbar, while fiddly to clean up is perfect in shape and simply clicks in to place just like the real one. No glue required! I read somewhere that the crowbar was painted either black or silver. I went with silver (Citadel Chainmail) for a bit of contrast. I have to admit though, I was really tempted to paint it red, LOL!!! The kit supplied door is shown for comparison and the data stencil in the center of the BarracudaCast door comes from BarracudaCals 1/32nd (duh) Spitfire decal sheet. Sorry for the piddly up-dates, the next one should be a little more involved.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Looking great Wolf! It looks like you're along well with the Citadel paints too. I recall you asking about them a while back.

Yes, I was asking about easily brushable metallic paints and Tony Bell and a few others recommended the Citadel paints. Unfortunately I had not been able to find them anywhere until I found a whole rack of 'em at my local hobby shop. I had not had a lot of luck finding the things I'd been looking for there but lo and behold..... Anyways, I've got a bunch of the Citadel paints now and so long as I keep the stuff wet with Tamiya thinner, this stuff is the cat's meow.

Cheers,

Wolf

They are great paints, but you gotta get your head around some of those color names. If you go 25% paint and 75% Tamiya thinner, you'll find they spray beautifully too. I used them as my NMF for a 1/32 P-47D, and found them to be the cats rear-end.

Just in case anyone was wondering if the BarracudaCast entry door was worth the purchase price...............thumbsup.gif

WOW! Too real for comfort! Gotta get me one of those. No wait! I've got one already. somewhere...

Keep it up! This is going to be the best rendering of the Tam spit yet!

They are great paints, but you gotta get your head around some of those color names. If you go 25% paint and 75% Tamiya thinner, you'll find they spray beautifully too. I used them as my NMF for a 1/32 P-47D, and found them to be the cats rear-end.

Huh, I was wondering about that. I certainly haven't tried spraying them but now that you say it works I'm going to have to give it a go. All kinds of possibilities knowin' that!

Cheers,

Wolf

WOW! Too real for comfort! Gotta get me one of those. No wait! I've got one already. somewhere...

Keep it up! This is going to be the best rendering of the Tam spit yet!

Thank-you Jeroen! Very kind words indeed. Much appreciated!

Cheers,

Wolf

Hey, what are you trying to do? Make me look good?

Damn, Wolf. That is a sweet job of painting. Really enjoying your Spit IX build.

BTW, I sent you a personal message a day or two ago. did you get it?

Roy

Uh, sorry Roy, haven't seen a message from you. I'll check. As far as makin' you look good, give credit where credit's due I always say!

Cheers,

Wolf