1/16 scale scratch built AT-38B Talon-The Smurf jet is back!

On 4/2/2024 at 3:19 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Made it to the main gear well with the aluminum 

Hipstamatic-Photo-733777988-830267.jpg

will work the sheeting around the speed brakes area, then flip it over and start on the top/sides moving back to front.

Cant yet go all the way with the aluminum to the fuselage split( behind the cockpit)..I’ll need to blend the joint between sections before I can cover that area.

Did you doodle a bit on the plans around the cooling inlets?  I can’t tell, but they look very 3D while nothing else does.

23 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

The gear wells have suffered some shop rash over the 14 years of construction and need some love

Sheese, it has been that long hasn’t it? I remember you kicking this off back on Z5 with that lot of miscreants.

It brings me great joy to see her back on the bench. 

:popcorn::bow:

What can I say, Pig? Colour me super impressed. I am salivating over every detail, and I completely understand why this is a long-term labour of love for you. You're a better man than I, taking the blame for your IP blasting the canopy on the adjacent T-38. I remember the first time taxiing in the back of an F-5B, watching the front canopy dance around and threaten to detach itself with every bump. The pilot (my father) just laughed and said it was the most Mickey-Mouse arrangement he'd ever seen.

I wish I could afford to pay you to make a 1/18 F-5A for me... but that would be priceless, just like this model, and I don't know I'd live long enough to appreciate it by the time it's built. 

Keep it up, bud! The end result will be totally worth it.

ALF