Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Timmy! last won the day on December 5 2018

Timmy! had the most liked content!

About Timmy!

  • Rank
    LSP Junkie
  • Birthday 10/06/1971

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Sandy Eggo

Recent Profile Visitors

351 profile views
  1. This build is LITERALLY like a Phoenix. Big update soon. Thanks for checking in! Timmy!
  2. Sponson drawing. Hope this is useful to your model. I cleaned it up a little bit and added known dimensions in inches. Timmy! Looking forward to the build!
  3. The MH is differences derive from it’s mine sweeping mission. So all of the external differences you mentioned plus the sled and winch system, rear view mirrors so the pilots can see the sled in the water. There are triangular plates on the aft section of the fuel sponson where it meets the ramp area. The fuselage is identical, we had some CH’s that had the mounting points on the fuse side where the big fuel sonson of the MH would bolt on. Other differences that i’ll mention but would have no bearing on the model are upgraded engines and some nice avionics stuff. The engines had a more robust hot section to cope with the continuous high power settings needed for sled towing. The MH secondary mission after the Navy got rid of their CH’s was to haul cargo and personnel (a$$ and trash) long distance shore to ship. So they had some better navigation gear. The HSI I remember particularly because that wou;d have made life nicer in the CH. Both were Old Skool steam gauge, no autopilot but altitude hold and simple SAS (Stabilization Augmentation System), the MH just had some “newer steam gauges.” Hope that clears up things up a little... Timmy!
  4. Well it better be a CH-53E! HMH-461 to be specific! IRONHORSE!! .....sorry for yelling, I got excited. It’s been 2003 since I last flew one but I remember The Hog well. Happy to be a resource! Definitely excited for this build, I expect great things ahead! Timmy!
  5. Peter nice shot! I chose 109 because the Marine Corps is represented. Yep...full effort on the Jag! Glad you like the model!
  6. Thank you everyone for the kind comments. I'm glad to have this one off the bench. I'm ready to move on to other projects, and back to proper scratch building. Ahhh the Jag. I'm working on an update to the project. Long story short Jaguar 3.0 is on the way. Unfortunately the masters were lost in the Paradise Fire, and my good friend Paul Fisher was helping me cast the project. I'm just so glad Paul his wife and fur buddies are safe, and I'm looking forward to making an even better Jag. I have some new tools now and more experience that should serve me well. Also there is a big error in the windscreen that I finally figured out, so I can fix that. Lately, I have nailed down the main gear, that is, established all the joint angles so the gear can retract....looking forward to making working gear. More to follow with full articles on my website, and updates here. I'm planning on releasing the files so those with vinyl cutters can make their own. If anyone wants me to cut set, please pm me and we'll make arrangements. Thanks again everyone, Timmy!
  7. The answer is a few posts back.... There have been going issues with the OBOGS systems in every jet that has them. F-22, F-18, Harrier, T-45 I'm sure others. Couple of F-22 guys took themselves of flight status and made the problems public. But not strike....that doesn't happen n the military. Flying is voluntary though doing that is career ender and you still owe time; so you could be the basket ball inflater at the gym for a few years until your commitment is up. Always better not to hold on too tight and lose the edge.
  8. Digital makes the most sense. As soon a I can find the best way to hang this stuff for download I will do so, wether that be my website or elsewhere. Would be fun to see a few more folks do this stuff. It’s a pretty easy conversion....not really a need for a kit. I’ll update this space, the ready for inspection, and maybe a new thread to get the word out when the stuff is available. Cheers, Timmy!
  9. Well Ray.... Seeing as how you're the guy who thought he saw a decal typo....I thought you might get the name. and.... Yes you did! Very well done! Good game until your helmet scratches the canopy...people get mad. Another good one is to get the stud to look down in the cockpit to change a radio or find a CB, then make a defending turn away from their head, get them to look up quickly...and viola complete and total barf-a-rama! Timmy!
  10. Starfighter, Thank you sir! Looking forward to seeing the Hoover all done...looks awesome so far for sure!! Oh yes a deal is a deal....the plans are just about ready. Since you brought it up.... I'll put this out to everyone: Which medium/media would you prefer. Printed paper drawing set at 1/32nd scale ...or... PDF digital
  11. Thanks Mark...happy to share!! The back seater is the Instructor Pilot...he’s making Mickey ears and blowing a raspberry for the camera. The student pilot is about ruin his fun....
  12. ‘No. The hook’s down because I imagined they are at the boat, in or entering the parrern. Also goes with the stand. At the end of my web article I mentioned specific things to look for. keep guessing!, Timmy!
  13. IT IS DONE!!! I like it, gots some buggers but I learned some new techniques and it’ll look decent on a shelf! Final build article link HERE!… Gave the model a name BTW THE STUDENT’S REVENGE See if you can figure out why…. Thanks for watching, Timmy!
  14. Last details and stand complete! Last of the details and getting the stand finished up. Full write up found HERE. For your viewing pleasure. Thanks for watching, Timmy!
  15. If there are no photos...it didn't happen!
  • Create New...