how about a 25th aniversary group build?

13 hours ago, Archimedes said:

A 25th anniversary GB is a good idea. Could it be that the subject has to be an LSP with the following conditions:

• The kit was released more than 25 years ago;
  • OR the kit subject is more than 25 years since it was first flown (that knocks out very few potential subjects);
  • OR the subject is silver (NMF or appeared in silver painted livery).

Kind regards,

Paul

I like this idea, with some qualifications/questions.

1)  Kits released more than 25 years ago.   There is still some good models to build from that period, but many will have been re-released in the interim.  Airfix 1/24 and Hasegawa 1/32 are the first that spring to mind and make great subjects for a GB.

2)  Kit subjects which first flew more than twenty five years ago could mean almost anything except the latest planes and anything futuristic sci-fi.  Unless we're talking the original three Star Wars etc, if any kits in LSP are available.  I have no idea on that last as I never look for such things, but could be interesting for a GB.

3) The subject is silver or NMF.  Does this mean predominantly silver/NMF with other colours as well?

I do hope we can figure out this one.  I'd love to be able to help celebrate 25 years of LSP and the event shouldn't go un-marked.

Cheers,

Michael

Maybe you can combine the two most applicable ideas:  Silver AND something to do with 25.  Silver paint, NMF...  or anything to do with 25...  even tenuous connections.  Just to facilitate participation.  Plane #25.  Serial number with 25.  Over 25 years old.  Let ppl make it fun. 

4 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Maybe you can combine the two most applicable ideas:  Silver AND something to do with 25.  Silver paint, NMF...  or anything to do with 25...  even tenuous connections.  Just to facilitate participation.  Plane #25.  Serial number with 25.  Over 25 years old.  Let ppl make it fun. 

I like this idea. It makes a lot of sense.  Silver Jubilee. everything silver.

Great suggestion!

5 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Plus 25 Sqn RAF, 25th BG(R), JG 25, ...

When would the GB start ?

Silver sounds OK by me.

Going to a convention tomorrow.And then the big one in Antwerp next month to look for possible builds.

Edited by Erwin

Or how about only kits released in the last 25 years?  As in these are the kits since LSP began.  I think having a build of kits that are 25 years old or older (i.e. before LSP existed) is kind of backward.  Kind of against just silver/NMF LSPs as a lot of people aren’t interested in doing NMF.  Do like the option of it could be a “25” kit or a “silver” kit.

When would this GB happen?  We already have this year’s GB schedule set, and because of overlap, typically 2 GBs are running at the same time.  Would this mean a third concurrent GB with the ones previously scheduled?

Edited by Dave Williams

Man...   I don't have a single NMF or silver painted bird in my stash that isn't partially completed.  Maybe make it so you can clear away shelf queens? 

And before you mention buying something...

After Christmas spending, came my wife's B'day and our 22nd Anniversary in February, I'm not looking at any large expenditures for a while.  So unless an unbidden Trumpy Razorback or Tamiya P-51 land on my doorstep unexpectedly...   not sure what I'll do.