1:18 Scale B-17G Flying Fortress Forward Fuselage

I have always wanted to do this project and now being able to draw and print in 3D it makes things more inviting to me than scratch building.

I plan to cover the airframe with embossed(rivets)aluminum and leave it "Bare Metal", Hopefully....

The parts are as large as I can print on my printer which is a Anycibic Photon Mono X. I printed the airframe parts with relatively thin skin, .030, so that it won't get too bulky with the aluminum skin applied to the surface. I hope to be able to use a fairly heavy primer on the interior surface so that I can spray a bare metal finish to the interior of the bombardier/navigator's compartment and the area below the flight deck.

I plan on installing the "cheek" gun positions but I have had difficulty trying to draw them for printing, I want to print them as vacuum form patterns so that I can pull clear petg for the windows but I also want to form the aluminum skin over the same pattern for the clear piece to live under and add the assembly to the airframe.

Pat

zWS8LgP.jpgQrFcV79.jpg8uLmjdI.jpgjbX41wH.jpghM3JCKR.jpgTmpFqqO.jpgEgaq9fZ.jpg