S-3 Viking in 1/32 announced by Trumpeter in 2024-2025

Jan_G

On 1/4/2024 at 10:02 PM, RaceFuel said:

Trumpeter sometimes will publish things in their catalogues as a means of scaring off competition.

Not too sure about this one..... In recent memory, how many companies have marketed 1/32 AH-64 Apaches (or a few other subjects, for that matter)?

I get the feeling the makers go for new kits 'cos they think there will be a healthy market for their products. Not too sure how much of an eye they keep on the competition. 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

6 hours ago, nmayhew said:

I have very low hopes for the accuracy of either of those two 

Actually the resin printed Seaking is looking really good and he already has 48 scale parts for sale. The guy is a Seaking freak so from what I have seen it looks really nice. Check his site out on facebook. The stuff looks nice: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61554900021700

7 hours ago, Violator1991 said:

That is good news! That is SOME fresh news at least in the realm of 1/32 scale after a long while. I hope it turns out to be true.

I'll buy it no doubt but would rather have the ES-3A Shadow. 

The last couple of years they have actually released most of what they have announced in their catalogue.. not all yet admitted, but enough to make me think it's going to happen.. I hope :D

But they should be commended If they do. It's not exactly a "sexy" aircraft and likely no model cash cow. They are brave for doing it and I will get one for sure. 

Edited by Zola25

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

By the way does anyone have seen the list of other Trumpeter & Hobbyboss kits? It looks we just got one or two pages of the new catalogue.

A couple of Wurger A-somethings in 1:32.

2 hours ago, Zola25 said:

The last couple of years they have actually released most of what they have announced in their catalogue.. not all yet admitted, but enough to make me think it's going to happen.. I hope :D

But they should be commended If they do. It's not exactly a "sexy" aircraft and likely no model cash cow. They are brave for doing it and I will get one for sure. 

Agree. But the Hoover was an important aircraft in its day and I can't wait to get one, to backdate to an S-3A. Will be a super addition to the existing USN carrier jet line-up. 

I'm just secretly hoping Trumpy will follow-up the 72 & 32 double bill by adding an EA-6B Prowler next time.

Also very eagerly waiting to see what ResKit do with the Trumpy A-7 canopy: when they fix that, I'm buying the whole upgrade bundle. With resin and 3D kits now costing between a quarter and a third of a Grand, I no longer consider a £130 kit with £170 worth of fixes or upgrades especially expensive.

Tony

It's smaller than I realised. It looks a lot smaller than the F-14, but then the Turkey was the size of a WWII heavy bomber!*

Regards,

Jason

*It was more than 62 feet long, and fully loaded weighed as much as a loaded B-17G!

Edited by Learstang
Additional comments added.

22 minutes ago, Neo said:

size wise looks close to an a6 on that pic

In 1/32 the S-3B Viking is

50,8 cm long

65,4 cm wide (28,1 cm wings folded)

21,7 cm tall (15,6 cm tail folded)

The A-6E is 53 cm long and 50 cm wide ( wings unfolded) in 1/32

..if you don't work in the metric system, we'll, it's about time :D

/Niels

Edited by Zola25

3 hours ago, Zola25 said:

In 1/32 the S-3B Viking is

50,8 cm long

65,4 cm wide (28,1 cm wings folded)

21,7 cm tall (15,6 cm tail folded)

The A-6E is 53 cm long and 50 cm wide ( wings unfolded) in 1/32

..if you don't work in the metric system, we'll, it's about time :D

/Niels

Wait what, s3 folded 65.4cm and a6 UN folded is 50cm are you sure? That sounds like a major difference 

Edited by Neo