Trumpeter F-14d

chrish

Thanks mates!

Reskit pulled through for the replacement of the (one piece) that was badly formed by sending me a complete replacement set, great service!

work has begun on cutting away the pour lugs...done now I guess and fitting the parts together. I should be able to assemble and paint these this week.

the original pieces in back new ones out front

4i9K9D2.jpg

8Q0DbF7.jpg

the fun will now continue

Thanks for looking

So the last few bits have been stuck on (except the turned metal pitot which is apparently still in transit

Fuel tanks ready for loading up

JX1idpX.jpg

I went with a different painting method on these new pipes over the first set

qJcRFsr.jpg

MZOjOSm.jpg

0h2kGRY.jpg

Apvsd6E.jpg

And glued on;

N7e46Oa.jpg

fuel tanks glued on;

TPGB8D6.jpg

HTFz6nf.jpg?1

aaannd finished...

I'll add the next few images to RFI

GlWSspk.jpg

A great kit, a lot of enjoyment to build although, I thought it would take longer...

Thanks to all those who stopped by for a look

Extra thanks to those who left a comment and words of encouragement.

20 hours ago, matt_1185 said:

Wow ! Really nice work! Making me wanna pull mine out of the box and work on it haha 

Do it!

19 hours ago, geedubelyer said:

+1

Nice end result Chris :thumbsup:

You too...do it!

Thanks for all the looks and complimentary comments, very appreciated!

• 2 months later...

I love your build! In the middle of this very kit myself and opted only to get the Aires cockpit. That reskit stuff though, will have to include on the next time. I've done all the plumbing in the gear bays myself including the landing gear, as well as radar section, and even trying my hand at building the engine bays out of scratch. Not accurate, but it's been a challenge that I'm loving.

Thanks for your tips and tricks on your build here! Never thought to cut out some of the vents opposed to using PE. Nice touch! Your railroad fencing for a grill vent for the AC area is a great idea! 

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2024 at 11:33 AM, JMann said:

I love your build! In the middle of this very kit myself and opted only to get the Aires cockpit. That reskit stuff though, will have to include on the next time. I've done all the plumbing in the gear bays myself including the landing gear, as well as radar section, and even trying my hand at building the engine bays out of scratch. Not accurate, but it's been a challenge that I'm loving.

Thanks for your tips and tricks on your build here! Never thought to cut out some of the vents opposed to using PE. Nice touch! Your railroad fencing for a grill vent for the AC area is a great idea! 

Sounds interesting J  :hi: , but if you don't post pix, you'll face a hefty fine.  :fight:

;)