airscale Pro range - choose what's next

airscale

airscale Pro range - choose what's next  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these kits do you think would be most successful with an airscale Pro set? Success being I have that kit / would buy that kit and would want to upgrade it

• Hobby 2000 1/32 Messerschmitt Bf110 E
    • Infinity Models 1/32 Aichi D3A1 Val
    • Airfix 1/24 ju87 Stuka
    • Revell or Tamiya 1/32 F4 Phantom
    • Trumpeter 1/32 SBD Dauntless
    • Hasegawa 1/32 Ju87 Stuka
    • Trumpeter 1/32 TBM Avenger
    • Something Else

38 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

I picked the 1/24 Stuka because I think it could use the help the most.

But if you had a selection for "All of the Above" I would have picked that! After all, I have all the kits you listed! 

It's a good shout Ray as it's about to be re-released (though no changes to the mouldings)...

interesting prospect :)

Almost went with the Ju-87, but wasn't this kit surpassed by the Trumpeter release ? As I know Trumpeter , they probably messed up something, yet I don't know.

I would say F-4 phantom would benefit of some Airscale TLC. But again, my first thought was naturally leading towards Stuka in 1/24.

Voted Phantom , thinking Stuka LOL

a69c5479415fa4887dbc0e2e7d76eb49--junker

1 minute ago, Martinnfb said:

Almost went with the Ju-87, but wasn't this kit surpassed by the Trumpeter release ? As I know Trumpeter , they probably messed up something, yet I don't know.

I would say F-4 phantom would benefit of some Airscale TLC. But again, my first thought was naturally leading towards Stuka in 1/24.

The Trumpeter Ju87B is pretty bad.  A number of issues, especially with the spinner and nose section, and the ancient Airfix kit is actual more accurate.

Now that my eyes are fixed and a hand fix is coming soon I intend to build some USN kits and I usually build in threes, the Dauntless and Avenger figure large in my building schedule after the Devastator, the Val may just sneak in there somewhere. Hence my vote went for the Dauntless.

Cheers

Denis

I went with the Hasegawa stuka, because as much as that subject isn't of great interest to me, it does seem to be the most mainstream of the kits listed. 

Would *I* like detail sets for others of those kits you've listed? Absolutely, but as much as I'll bet the Val, for example, will be able to use an upgrade, I'd be utterly shocked if that turned into a sales success for Airscale. 

On a side note, does this give us a glimpse Into upcoming builds from you?:thumbsup:

Denzil 

On 8/2/2023 at 8:06 PM, Martinnfb said:

a69c5479415fa4887dbc0e2e7d76eb49--junker

I thought the same thing! Voted Phantom (and stand by that) but the Hasegawa 1/32 Stuka is another very good choice for yours truly.