1/32 Revell Hawker Hurricane

David Mooney

This is the new Hawker Hurricane by Revell, its an ok kit but it could have been soooo much better. I'm sure there will be a few after market sets to come out later on to address a few issues, but at £40 its value for money.

I built this to to test out a new set of masks i made to replace the kit decals on the aircraft, the aircraft was painted with Gunze 361,368 and 369. 

'Glamour shot first'

1-32-Hawker-Hurricane

1-32-Hawker-Hurricane

1-32-Hawker-Hurricane

1-32-Hawker-Hurricane

1-32-Hawker-Hurricane

1-32-Hawker-Hurricane

1-32-Hawker-Hurricane

1-32-Hawker-Hurricane

1-32-Hawker-Hurricane

1-32-Hawker-Hurricane

1-32-Hawker-Hurricane

Hope you all like it as i was quite pleased with it and the masks worked out well 

Edited by David Mooney
spelling

Thank you for all the kind comments on this build as the Hurricane is one of my favourite aircraft and under represented in 1/32. This is probably why i was slightly disappointed in the kit, its certainly worth the price.

2 hours ago, mozart said:

It looks very good to me David, but I'm interested in your caveat that it's "OK but could be soooo much better".  Can you qualify/ explain your reservations please?

What i dont want to do is bash the kit in anyway as Revell as one of the first to produce the Hurricane in a new modern kit, the only way i can really explain it is to say its very Revelly haha! Some of the location pins were iffy in the locating, injection pin marks in the most awkward places (where other makers would have put them in a place youd never see or cover with another part) like on the seat sides for instance...why!!! Oh why! Its just niggly things like that which with a bit of planning they could have made it easier/better.