Jump to content

David Mooney

LSP_Members
  • Content Count

    145
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About David Mooney

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Dalry

Recent Profile Visitors

728 profile views
  1. Hello all, I hope everyone is keeping safe in these crazy times. While I have been off due to this enforced lockdown I started the Trumpeter ME262 A-1a heavy armament kit and wanted to do it in the colours of yellow 3 from KG(J)54. The kit decals seemed a big 'off' so I invested in Eagalcals #95-32 sheet and the colours seemed much better than the kit originals. I have been my best to get the scheme right, but even I will admit that its not quite right, but I think it looks pretty good, certainly a good learning session for sure. Painted with Gunze Sanyo (best paints EVER in my opinion) and weathered with oils. I'd like to add that the markings aren't symmetrical as that's the way they are on the original aircraft (very odd that) All comments welcome
  2. I was planning on getting some chokes and RBF tags to set the diorama off, but I couldnt find many photos of where I could place the tags sadly, getting them wrong would look worse than none at all. Tha is for everyone's kind comments on my aircraft, much appreciated :-)
  3. Hello all, I have been rather busy working of late but I have found time between working with real aircraft to finish my F-4D. Im sure many are aware that the Tamiya kit is a dream to build and goes together very well, I used Mr Colour paint which I believe are the best on the market at the moment, the colours I used were 303 (FS34102), 310 ((FS 30219) and 320 (Dark Green)……….and black for the bottom :-) Sadly the decals were in a poor state and fragmented as soon as they hit the water, so I purchased the Warbirds Decals set (32009) which were superb and set well on the aircraft and into any details very well and recommended. I didn't like the fit of the intakes to the ducting, so I thought it a far better idea to use the Quickboost (QB 32089) set of intake covers. The seats are aftermarket, but I cant tell you who made them as they came free with the kit (from a certain auction site) All the weapon pylons are removable, this is done using small earth magnets in the wings and pylon locations. I hope you like it, it is certainly my best build so far. All comments are welcome, thanks for looking
  4. Thanks again for the kind comments, I think I will now try and dirty up my next builds to get them looking a bit more used. As some have said, they look nice and clean, so the next step is to get them looking more realistic and used. Thanks again.
  5. Thanks everyone for the kind comments. The dio is something I'm working on to display my tanks and planes on for scene settings. Once it's done, it will be a repair/servicing base. Thanks again for the comments :-)
  6. Second one completed of 2019 is the Focke-Wulf Fw190 A5 from Hasegawa, this again (same as the Bf-109 G10) is a great kit, with no issues at all. Painted with Mr Colour paints and thinners (amazing products in my opinion). My choice of aircraft was quite easy as the Stab/Jagd-Erganzungsgruppe aircraft of Ost, Maj Herman Graf was so colourful and different, this was based in France 1943. If anyone can enlighten me on the markings, id be very grateful of the knowledge.
  7. This is a Hasegawa 1/32 Bf-109 G-10 and it proved a very easy build, no major fit issues at all (a nice change). I have painted it using MrColour paints to represent an aircraft from 2./JG300 Feldwebel Ederhard Gzik based in Germany, October 1944. I added some photo etch seat belt from Eduard to set the cockpit off, I hope you like 'Rita', I am quite happy with the results.
  8. Now that's something different and really well done. Great colours and love the way the orange has come out, it looks really realistic.
  9. You will love this kit then, the possibilities for scratch building are quite endless. I do agree wholeheartedly about the cowlings, the ones I had in my two kits, the detail wasn't as good as the aircraft plastic. The issue really comes when you need to panel wash the cowlings as the detail wasn't deep enough to accept a wash, so some of these panels needed a light re-scribe to open them up. None the less though, a good kit.
  10. Awwww matron, so cheeky 'Kenneth Williams' lol! They are great kits, maybe a little to over detailed (causing a few minor fit issues) if you're not 'opening' her up to see the extra detailing. But, a kit I'd certainly recommend.
  11. After completing the second of the two P-47D, I couldnt help myself with the title of this post :-) This aircraft is 42-75242 which was flown by Capt Michael Quirk flying for 62nd FS/56th FG, Halesworth. Now the two Jug's together...... Jug #2 can be seen @ Thanks for looking at me Jugs
  12. Certainly a great start to your stay here, well done
  13. Well I was build two at once....so I hope to have a good couple of jugs :-) soon. Thank you for your kind comments
  14. Happy new year to the modelling world and builders!! This is my 1/32 Trumpeter P-47D Razorback with the Kits-world War Birds decals used. This kit went together well, even though there a few minor instruction issues, but nothing major to overcome. Painted with MRP paints...……….which are highly recommended! Built out of the box other than the decals. A bit about the man:- 2Lt Paul Ellison who was shot down by flak on 17th July 1944 while flying "Tipsy". After taking off from Picauville he was hit by flak just after bombing the bridge at Conde-sur-Vire. Bits of the wing started to fall away and Ellison bailed out at about 1000ft. He evaded capture and returned to military control on 2nd August. Now the machine......well, my version of it :-) Hope you like it, id like some feedback on the prop as I tried for the first time, the salt weathering technique it simulate some weathering on the prop. Thanks for looking, all comment are welcome
×
×
  • Create New...