AIMS NEWS

Pastor John

Hi everyone and a Happy new Year to you all. Many many thanks for all your well wishing and prayers. Six weeks ago i had cysts in my right hand drilled out/cleaned up and 5 metal pins drilled into various bones. Two days ago the plaster cast was removed and the fantastic news is that the operation confirmed that there is no trace of Kienbock Disease and so the diagnosis I had in January and in August of stage 1 KD were incorrect. This is just wonderful news and I am so relieved. Sadly however the last 6 weeks have been torture as the median nerve continues to be irritated and more so when under the pressure of the cast and so I now need a fourth right hand operation in the form of a 'hypothenar fat pad flap' - basically fat removed from a part of my arm and coated around the irritated nerve so it can glide correctly. This has a lengthy recovery time and then there is the same to do on the left wrist so I am not out of the woods yet! I hope however before the next op to be able to do a little work and get ready for the Moson show here in Hungary so that is all from me for now - so to recap I am still in constant pain but great news is that I do not have KD and that the next operation has a 93% success rate with immediate pain reduction so I am feeling very very hopeful. Hoping you are well, John.

20221010-150325.jpg