HpH 1/32 Heinkel He177

Archimedes

23 hours ago, npb748r said:

Thanks Thierry, at present I have only used resin ejector seats so really limited previous use. I was thinking about getting Planet Models Yak-23 or Lemkits Mig-9. Both looked relatively simple and both appeal to me, I like post war/early jets.

i built both and they are perfect for a first time resin kit

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/78399-lem-mig-9-finished/

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/63581-thought-i´d-do-some-resin-planet-models-yak-23-finished/

Edited by blackbetty

On 11/23/2022 at 2:14 PM, Confusionreigns178 said:

Similar size to a B-25, maybe? Or bigger than that?

Chris. 

The Greif was very near to FlyingFortress in its measures:

He-177:

• Length: 22.00 m (72 ft 2 in)
  • Wingspan: 31.44 m (103 ft 2 in)

B-17:

• Length: 22.66 m (74 ft 4 in)
  • Wingspan: 31.62 m (103 ft 9 in)

• 5 months later...
On 11/25/2022 at 9:50 AM, nmayhew said:

how did Airfux make their 1/72, and MPM / HPH whoever they were at the time make their 1/48?

having the real thing to laser scan is ideal, but I don’t think it’s necessary to get something that’s accurate (and more accurate does not mean a 100% replication of every detail).

i actually have mixed emotions about this though - I really *really* wanted one of these in 1/32 but just *not* resin :(

I always thought this was a natural choice for HKM and that it would be a massive seller for them

opportunity lost I guess

I will sign this post and I also hope that HKM will release this greif in our favorite scale. I have already written to them on Facebook, however, so far my request has remained unanswered :(

• 5 weeks later...

That is great news, for me the He-177 would be too much, that's a huge aircraft, but a Ju-188 or something int he Ju-88 family would be great.  Since Revell did the Ju-88 series a few years ago, I do wonder what they will come out with.  With the A-20, they have turned up the quality scale 100%.  

Paul 

As much as I'd love to see a He 177 (it's a Holy Grail subject for me in 1/32), I can't see HKM (or anyone else, for that matter) tackling it as a mainstream, injection-moulded kit. I'd love to be proved wrong, but my money's on a Do 17 I think, with a Ju 188 as a second option. And I'd be happy with either of those also (especially the latter). But the Do 17 is the most obvious hole in what has been released across the board to date, so it seems the most logical.

Kev

The design history of the He177 is a story in itself, but the Do-17 has much more history. It does seem the obvious missing piece. We have good base kits of the Ju 88 and He 111, and the aftermarket guys have done a good job covering those kits. How many more choices are there? 

Do 17, He 177, Fw 200, any others?

1 hour ago, LSP_Mike said:

The design history of the He177 is a story in itself, but the Do-17 has much more history. It does seem the obvious missing piece. We have good base kits of the Ju 88 and He 111, and the aftermarket guys have done a good job covering those kits. How many more choices are there? 

Do 17, He 177, Fw 200, any others?

Ju-52/3m :wicked: Served in the bomber role in Bolivian-Peru war, Spanish Civil War, Invasion of Poland, Slovak National Uprising, and First Indochina War.

Quite a record. Not to forget the use as transporter, paratroop drops and even mine hunting with a large electromagnetic coil by the Mausi unit. IIRC the French even destroyed telegraph lines during Indochine War by dropping grappling hooks from the Ju onto the wires. A Ju-52 was also the last air-to-air prey of a biplane fighter - shot down during Slovak National Uprising at September 2nd 1944 by an Avia B-534 of the uprising forces :lol:

So technically HKMs next German bomber could be a Ju-52 too :D

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

The design history of the He177 is a story in itself, 

Indeed it is - and might I point you to this summary of it .. Nothing earthshattering as regards new information , but rather a Jolly romp through the halls of the RLM...