Trumpeter 1/32 P-47D Razorback "Eileen"

Thunnus

I’m catching up here John, and you are doing spectacular work (as per usual). I always love seeing the vibrant yet realistic results you accomplish. Please consider adding those cockpit photos to the LSP cockpit thread for those poor few who are missing out on this thread!

Cheers,  Tom

On 1/29/2023 at 6:26 PM, Thunnus said:

The wing bottoms are painted.  The next step will be to paint the fuselage bottom and the undersides of the horizontal stabs.  And then I'll start painting the top side.
IMG-4030.jpg

IMG-4031.jpg

Wow....that is sensational, as is the whole build.  But those 2 shots leave me in awe for some reason:wub:

Thank you everyone!  I greatly appreciate the feedback, as always!

It took a bit of work to get the windscreen to fit.  Softening the joint with Tamiya Extra Thin cement + too much torquing cause the joint to give way fully.  Which was actually a good thing as I was able to re-set the windscreen into a better position.  It's not perfect but good enough to move on to the next step.
IMG-4053.jpg

IMG-4054.jpg

At this stage, I gave the top sides a coat of Tamiya AS-12 Silver to serve as a base for the Olive Drab.  I'll do my normal pre-shade routine on it but I won't be using any hairspray for chipping this time.
IMG-4056.jpg

IMG-4063.jpg

IMG-4061.jpg

This coat also serves as a primer and I can check the surface to see if any small repairs need to be done like the windscreen joint.  An extra focus of mine was to restore the panel lines and rivets along the major joints (wing-fuse, stabilizer-tail, etc) as much as possible.
IMG-4058.jpg

IMG-4059.jpg

IMG-4060.jpg

IMG-4062.jpg

I'm going to flip her over and continue the bottom painting before I paint the top side.

50 minutes ago, JayW said:

If a Trumpeter rep were following this build, he/she would be loving it.  Good for business.

I agree with you Jay, the kit really does look good, and it seems to go together so effortlessly (in John's capable hands)!