1/32 Aviattic Pfalz DVIII

Archimedes

Congratulations! Unfortunately as much as I like it, it's simply above my budget... :(

BTW, perhaps already known, but the Start Verlag Jasta 14 book contains some very nice images of Jasta 14 Pfalzes from the short period they were operated. I would not be surprised to see some of the schemes in the Pfalz kit. ;)

https://www.luftfahrtverlag-start.de/bücher/erster-weltkrieg/

image.jpg

Jeroen

7 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

I hope Richard can get a return on this.  I’m a bit baffled why none of the current manus don’t put out a Hanriot HD1 - simple fighter with lots of service and marking options. More interest and maybe modellers could make the reach financially. Just saying. 

Only a bit...? To me this is really the missing link for years...! But it has a major drawback: it is not German! 

Perhaps if the Pfalz DVIII is successful the Hanriot HD.1/2 might be something Richard may consider for a new Aviattic project?  Despite the combined best efforts of Roden, WnW, CSM and Aviattic there are still many WWI aircraft types that have not yet been covered. But my betting is that we all have plenty to build for now (especially at the glacial pace my builds tend to go at!) <_<

Kind regards,

Paul

12 hours ago, europapete said:

Well, Richard is always in need of cash, so to me a Hanriot would be a no -brainer. 

( actually, kinda surprised he didn't do the Hanriot, would have made waaaaay more commercial sense). 

Just sayin. 

Well I’d buy an HD1/2 from Aviattic. I also like the Pfalz D.VIII especially in the colours that Mikael Carlsson’s machine is in (the grey machine in the box side profiles above). It is a real bruiser and shows what the Luftstreitkrafte would have been fielding in 1919 alongside the Siemens-Shuckert D.III and Fokker D.VII. I’ll be ordering but it will have to wait until my next visit to the UK for me to pack in my luggage to take home to Virginia!

Kind regards,

Paul

Don’t know if it was me, which it isn’t, I’d do a HD1 because if you’re going to make something do one people will want and will buy a few of.  Then do a more obscure one. Though I applaud recent efforts from CSM etc - truly amazing kits. 
Id like to see CSM or Kotare have a go at a new tooled SPAD vii or Albatros Diii, but I feel a bit uncomfortable with that out of respect for Roden, but it would be nice

Edited by Pup7309

I feel like maybe the HD1 is a little jinxed because it is so obviously a desired subject that manufactures become hesitant to do it because they fear some other company is likely already working on one? Like Aviattic could invest the work time and money to develop it then bam! CSM announces a injection moulded they have in the works which kills their sales?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 11:34 AM, petrov27 said:

I feel like maybe the HD1 is a little jinxed because it is so obviously a desired subject that manufactures become hesitant to do it because they fear some other company is likely already working on one? Like Aviattic could invest the work time and money to develop it then bam! CSM announces a injection moulded they have in the works which kills their sales?

Maybe they should all get together and draw straws !

• 2 weeks later...